Home Engineering Room

Odd bugs on Steam version

I notice the game freezes if you're in the notifications section for more than about 10 seconds, but it soon rights itself. However there's a definite problem with voyages. I have to switch to my phone to select my crew for a new voyage as it crashes on Steam every time. Once the voyage has started it's fine, just selecting crew seems to be the problem.
Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please give more details about your computer specs?
  • The freezing happens on all devices. On iOS devices its shorter than on amazon or android. But havn t figured a pattern yet.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me freeezing happens every time I collect daily ship schematics. I figure it is due to a script which checks through my ships if and which one can be upgraded after collecting.

It usually lasts about 6-7 seconds.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • pirunapiruna ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I have the same crashes everytime I'm creating or just watching a voyage.
    I tried verifying the integrity of the files, uninstalling/reinstalling the game and even setting the compatibility to win7.
    This bug started atleast 3 big updates ago (to be 100% clear, I mean when you start the game and it downloads everything again) and it was already reported on the Steam forum.
    My specs: win10, Phenom 2 X4 955BE, 8 gb 1600mhz, R7 360...yes it's old but this problem appeared overnight and the rest of the game works perfectly.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    For me freeezing happens every time I collect daily ship schematics. I figure it is due to a script which checks through my ships if and which one can be upgraded after collecting.

It usually lasts about 6-7 seconds.

Same here...everyday
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.