Home The Bridge

Only Thing Missing is an Honor Sale

Hey, it worked for a Portal Update, eventually. And it is that magical season when it feels right to start demanding something I may-or-may-not be entitled to!

This thread seems like a great way to get into that festive spirit.

(Seriously though, thanks for the Portal Update and the temporary achievement!)
CABTools.app
Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have 280k banked. I wouldn't mind a sale.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderW wrote: »
    There are two logical weeks for one: Christmas and Convergence Day. I would normally bet Convergence Day week, except they've never done the same thing twice for each of the Convergence Days. I just don't know how they'll top an honor sale for pure awesomeness.

But if we're just throwing out wishes for Festivus Miracles: a LTO offer of Mobile Doc or having him in a discount pack would be AWESOME! :)

Totally agree - those are the logical times. However - I've found that a little "buzz" certainly helps make things a reality!

Your suggestion of a Mobile Doc LTO is also good. I'd add a wish for a RPC LTO as well to that list. But that might just be crazy talk...

CABTools.app
  • Hey, it worked for a Portal Update, eventually. And it is that magical season when it feels right to start demanding something I may-or-may-not be entitled to!

Worked is maybe overstated. The portal update thread was long around before it happend. Wait long enough and this thread will have worked as well.

But i'm more hoping on some new episodes instead.
  • Wait long enough and this thread will have worked as well.

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

CABTools.app
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, it worked for a Portal Update, eventually. And it is that magical season when it feels right to start demanding something I may-or-may-not be entitled to!

Worked is maybe overstated. The portal update thread was long around before it happend. Wait long enough and this thread will have worked as well.

But i'm more hoping on some new episodes instead.

Wasn’t a new episode hinted at a month or so back somewhere? Or did I imagine that?
  • [TKO]TrainWay©[TKO]TrainWay© ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Well I may be throwing myself in the firing line here but I don't want to see new crew, I want to be able to immortalise some of my many many 1/5* legendaries. Though the new campaign format will help a little. Thanks TP.

And yes, an honour sale would definitely help with that.
  • Considering the fact I blew my honor on 5* cites....I don’t support and honor sale at this time :tongue::tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy for that to come a bit later; I'd rather save up a bit more honour since the last sale.

I'd love another crew slot sale, though. Better yet, just make it 1500 dilithium permanently.
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    As mentioned in the recent Timelines Talks, the downside to honor sales is that everyone's stashing honor nowadays to wait for the next sale (I'm also guilty of that) so they can get the 40k offers.
    That said, yes, I'm also ready for the next one.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • I guess there will be one in December or in January. I just hope they won't have one in December and then another one two weeks later in January :sweat_smile:
  • Calhoun wrote: »
    I'm happy for that to come a bit later; I'd rather save up a bit more honour since the last sale.

I'd love another crew slot sale, though. Better yet, just make it 1500 dilithium permanently.

I could use a crew slot sale. With the portal update I opened all of my packs and I've run out of room.

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to hope for an honor sale around Christmas. As was mentioned earlier, they tend to not repeat Convergence Day festivities. I'm going to hope for something new for Convergence Day. WRG_Ben spoke of a new feature (currency?) to be released early 2021. I'm going to hope for that. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I’d like an honor sale.

I’d also like not just a few missions, but an entire new Quadrant of missions to be added. Our map has a lot of empty space.

Edit: It would be nice if the missions would reset (maybe even with evolving rewards) each time you complete it in its entirety. Something that isn’t basically “one and done”. Maybe after completing one Quadrant, you earn a shot to access a wormhole and travel to another portion of the map with new missions? Just something different...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like an honor sale.

I’d also like not just a few missions, but an entire new Quadrant of missions to be added. Our map has a lot of empty space.

You know why “space” is called “space” and not “stuff”? Because it is mostly space.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I’d like an honor sale.

You know why “space” is called “space” and not “stuff”? Because it is mostly space.

Oh my goodness, I never knew! Thank you for that poignant insight. And here I thought while the entire Star Trek franchise was traveling through the stars, there were all sorts of new cultures and missions they needed to complete. The shows are clearly lies about what they do in space! Foolish me. By all means, let’s leave all that “space” as just “space” and not add any “stuff” to the map or game. Do you have any actual insight on an honor sale or missions, or was snark the only thing you were trying to add to the discussion? ;)

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • KaiRo wrote: »
    As mentioned in the recent Timelines Talks, the downside to honor sales is that everyone's stashing honor nowadays to wait for the next sale (I'm also guilty of that) so they can get the 40k offers.
    That said, yes, I'm also ready for the next one.
    Yep. I did just grab one gold citation after running through all of my portal pulls, but I've got another 250k honor in the bank. The disadvantage of not grabbing those five citations now is pretty small compared to the possibility of getting one or two extra down the road. (Especially if it comes with some begolds.)

I hadn't expected the August sale, and I wonder if Dec/Jan is too soon for another. Although if folks are stockpiling, maybe WRG will consider doing these more often. Jan does have the DIS S3 finale, in addition to convergence day. And the next big Star Trek event I can think of is the 55th anniversary in September, although I'm sure I've missed something in the intervening months.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise will be 20 in September and Roddenberry would have been 100 next year. The Voyage Home is 35 and Undiscovered Country is 30.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*