Home The Bridge
Options

Add search for character

Now that the faction event is almost over, I finally realized that I have Frank Hollander in the freezer. Completely forgot about him and only searched for "Data" before the event.

Now, I don't know the first thing about coding, but I can't imagine that it would be difficult to tweak the search so that Hollander shows up, when you type in "Data" for the search (and Will Scarlett for Worf, and Katrine for Janeway etc.). That would help a lot.

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if he actually got the bonus, though. There are a couple of variants of Picard like that, which I manually pulled, and I keep thinking one did not get a bonus either.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you get so many stars on him?
  • Options
    Type in “android” and he appears as well as all versions of Data.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if he actually got the bonus, though. There are a couple of variants of Picard like that, which I manually pulled, and I keep thinking one did not get a bonus either.

I remembered him and dragged him out of the freezer. He has done a lot of work this event and definitely gets the bonus.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I remembered him and dragged him out of the freezer. He has done a lot of work this event and definitely gets the bonus.

Can confirm as well - he definitely gets a bonus and has gone out on every round of shuttles all weekend long.

To help remember variants without the character’s common name in the title, I have a separate column in my Excel spreadsheet for base character name as well as the specific crew name. I haven’t forgotten about Galen, Robin Hood, Frank Hollander, and the like in some time.
  • Options
    TarisTaris ✭✭✭
    Same with Robin Hood. It won't show him when looking up Picard but when I remember him and unfreeze him, the character name is shown as "Picard". Idk what's up with that
  • Options

That works for Data. Doesn't work for Benny Russel and Jodmos (Sisko), Anastasia (Kira), Galen, Tobin Hood, Dixon (Picard), Will Scarlett (Worf), ....

Couldn't you program the basic name (in this example: Data) as a trait, but not show it. Sort if like an invisible trait that pops up in searches?

The excel sheet is a neat idea and of course I could also check the variant list on TL wiki. It would just be nice to have that feature in the game. :smile:
  • Options
    How did you get so many stars on him?

He was one of the very first legendaries I got and in a behold I almost always go for additional stars rather than starting a new character (with some exceptions, of course 😉)
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

That works for Data. Doesn't work for Benny Russel and Jodmos (Sisko), Anastasia (Kira), Galen, Tobin Hood, Dixon (Picard), Will Scarlett (Worf), ....

Couldn't you program the basic name (in this example: Data) as a trait, but not show it. Sort if like an invisible trait that pops up in searches?

The excel sheet is a neat idea and of course I could also check the variant list on TL wiki. It would just be nice to have that feature in the game. :smile:

True, it doesn’t work for everyone. I was only giving a workaround for Data. It’s like looking for Dax and needing to type in “Trill”. It would be nice if the fridge functioned like the wiki, where if you type “Kira”, you get all variations of Kira in one spot. This has been brought up before; I’m just not sure they will ever get around to it. We can always hope. ;)

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...