Home The Bridge
Options

Constant onslaught upon login

Ok we get it you like to notify players of stuff but does it have to happen with the same info upon EVERY login, forced update notification ok fair enough, event notification only needs to be done once and then then there are the offers which if there are more than two screw you over if you don't cycle to the very last one THEN close otherwise whilst you are doing other stuff the offers pop up and what you was doing gets pushed to the background and you either try and finesse the button behind to carry on or force close and then relaunch.

First time have them pop up is fine after that everyone knows where the tabs are, they are kind of hard to miss.

Also, regarding the event hub, for the love of god let that exclude current running event and give that its own tab on the main screen where it used to be because its just a royal PITA trying to shift, check scores, going back in and then trying to exit and having to exit twice.

Sorry for what may seem like a rant but its really making me moan about loading the game up.

Comments

• Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen.

This is one of the reasons I didn't buy two campaigns and waited more than a month before renewing my monthly card.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    And getting offer pop ups when trying to complete shuttles and causing the shuttle dialog go behind the HUD is extra extra annoying

That only happens if there is more than 2 and you don't cycle to the end as I mentioned, the (X) only does the first two and despite closing just means any others after will crop up when you are doing stuff.

2 or less and it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    This tends to get egregiously bad prior to events, particularly if you've got a DYC offer active. It can seem like you need a machete to cut through the weeds.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say to this is you have no idea what "fun" you are missing until you spend an 8 hour shift rotating between two accounts and getting blasted by 4 pop up offers EVERY time you switch accounts!

Which brings up that I have found a partial solution to this. When you first login, all the pop up LTOs are essentially one banner, so if you press the yellow right arrow a few times to cycle through them all before closing, the rest will not pop up. This of course does not work on DYC pop ups as that is a separate banner.
  • Options
    Annoying but I'm also doing offer wall offers and other apps are much worse.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's not just on login, I flick between screens and there they are again. I feel like I have to click lots more to navigate these 'offers'.

TP, I am actually more likely to buy if NOT beaten around the head with these 'offers'.

ETA.

"then there are the offers which if there are more than two screw you over if you don't cycle to the very last one THEN close otherwise whilst you are doing other stuff the offers pop up and what you was doing gets pushed to the background and you either try and finesse the button behind to carry on or force close and then relaunch."

Thanks Jellybaby for this workaround. Hopefully I can start to play the game again if I try this.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I particularly dislike the offers continuously popping up. It used to be only one offer at a time, but now there are often three, and if you close one, the next one pops up and so on. I would be OK with them popping up once, and then after that you have to actively click them to open them.
  • Options

Mine complaint is not exclusive to offers but also others including new event info, forced update announcement is needed to keep reminding everyone of upcoming changes and downtime but the rest should be 1 time thing only then left in background where their tabs usually are.

Also taking a moan at the event hub thing which gets more and more annoying hte closer you get to event end.
  • Options
    JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    2018-2019: “Why are we only getting one offer? I don’t like this one but I would like to give you my money for something else, especially if there are different options to choose from.”

2020: “Why are we getting so many offers?”

“But Dirk,” you ask, “why can’t we just have offers and event/game notes in the background that we can access at our leisure?” Because people wouldn’t see them and then go back to complaining about why they never heard about the $50-for-9000-dil deal, or the end of a campaign, or a new event, or a planned shutdown, or an error that was resolved, or whatever.

Case in point: the event hub. Any useful information in the hub takes multiple taps/clicks to get to. That extra distance between us and event info has been a legitimate concern.

Now imagine stuffing offers, planned shutdown notices, and event announcements behind a layer or three of buttons. I think it would be interesting to see how sales of special offers would go down and support tickets or angry rants in the Engineering Room about not knowing about major happenings would go up as a result, but I doubt WRG is willing to run such an experiment.

To your year comparison I said the offers being show when you log in for first time viewing is fine but for this time of game where there are multiple logins a day having any new crew popups that you already know you have as well as 4+ offers that bug out if you dont cycle to the end THEN click (X) upon EVERY login gets annoying and frustrating.

Players know where the offers are located afterwards as its right about the hub tab on the left, I am not saying to not display them AT ALL but maybe hte ability to hide future notices on offers after initial viewing would be nice.

Edit
    It wouldn't be too much trouble if the offer thing didnt bug out with more than 2 offers but its still frustrating to be hit with them every single login when you may be busy and just want to do voyages/shuttles etc

Another solution would be for closing the initial offer close them all rather than trying to cycle through them all
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    The more pop ups the less likely I am to read a single one of them. I have no idea who the LTOs are this week. I simply look for the x to close them in anger. Once, fine. Read and move on. Can I see the offer tab exists? Yes, if I want to revisit them they arent doing a good job of hiding. But clicking through an assault of pop-ups every 2 hours makes me ignore what they say out of spite. The more you harass me the less I pay attention, and I know I'm not the only one. It's like half the snail mail. It's more than likely useless and there is so much of it you don't even want to start looking at it.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    I just wish the "Buy" option on offers wasn't in a commonly used space for other buttons in the game. Today my game loaded, I opened up the shuttle menu, clicked on a shuttle to hit complete. The offers were delayed opening and as I went to go tap on complete for my shuttle, the offer opened and I tapped on buy.

100% this is intentional by design. Which is shady at best and borderline unethical at worst.
  • Options
    I find that I spend dilithium on the skirmish events as I'm trying to power through and inadvertently click on buy for 10 dilithium. Ok yes i hear Ya, slow down then, but I want to reach 350k and enjoy my weekend. That's my peeve.
  • Options
    Couldn’t agree more. I hate that we have wall to wall offers now too. There’s no break from them anymore.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Blast HardcheeseBlast Hardcheese ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    This is especially problematic given I have to quit and relaunch the app 10 times in a row just to get my voyage dilemmas to render.
  • Options
    Could there be a 'park' and 'dismiss' button for each offer? Park to close it until opened deliberately later and Dismiss for those one is not going near, ever, for whatever reason ... ?