Home Engineering Room
Options

iphone 12 scale

Is there a way to change to the zoom level on an iphone 12? I just upgraded from an iphone 8 and looking at the screen is giving me a headache now. The entire game is zoomed in, in what I presume to be an attempt to fill the whole screen. It's so obnoxiously huge now though.

And I have to scroll more to easily access things, such as selecting crew for voyages/shuttles.
Specific examples: in the crew list on the iphone 8 I saw 2 full lines of crew, on the 12 now I see 1.5 lines of crew.

It's weird that a larger screen makes the game MORE cluttered.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experienced something similar upgrading from a 6s to the XR. Short answer: I doubt it. Being on an XR, I obviously don’t know what the 12 can do, but I suspect it has more to do with aspect ratio of the screens. The STT app just doesn’t seem to adapt to these changes very well.

Hope someone has a better answer for you.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulks wrote: »
    Is there a way to change to the zoom level on an iphone 12? I just upgraded from an iphone 8 and looking at the screen is giving me a headache now. The entire game is zoomed in, in what I presume to be an attempt to fill the whole screen. It's so obnoxiously huge now though.

And I have to scroll more to easily access things, such as selecting crew for voyages/shuttles.
    Specific examples: in the crew list on the iphone 8 I saw 2 full lines of crew, on the 12 now I see 1.5 lines of crew.

It's weird that a larger screen makes the game MORE cluttered.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Could you please provide a screenshot of how the UI looks like for you? Thank you!
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hi Shan,

I recently got an iPhone 12, I am having the same issue. See the two screenshots below.

iPhone 8+
    wu86pbfv85s9.png

iPhone 12
    0y1homhgqeyf.png

• Options
    It’s like this on other screens too, very zoomed in. If you need additional screenshots just let me know.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    The iPhone 12 does have a much wider screen than the 8+, closer to the XR in this comparison. So there is going to be a difference, as you illustrated with your screenshots.

nu7sf4qexhjg.jpeg

The game tries to scale to wider phone screens, but in doing so can make some screens very awkward/clumsy looking. It’s been this way since the iPhone X came out.

Here’s an example on my iPhone 12. Can barely fit 1.5 rows of crew on various screens. Again, unfortunately this has been the norm in game on super-widescreen (19.5:9) phones for a few years now.

1v5m1bprb85l.png

paqf0qfvw70y.jpeg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the screenshots!