Home Past Anomalies
Options

[SOLVED] Purchase buttons all say "Locked"

Blast HardcheeseBlast Hardcheese ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Past Anomalies
(I use the Steam version)

When the Niners Ezri offer popped up, I wanted to buy it. But every time I did, the game would just get stuck on a "Hailing starfleet" screen until I forced it to quit.

I've tried several troubleshooting steps between quitting and relaunching, changing the timing of when I try to purchase, rebooting the computer and so on, all to no avail.

After my most recent attempt, reinstalling the game, I now notice that all of the real money items in the portal have their purchase buttons greyed out with the word "Locked" instead of their prices.

I had most recently made a successful purchase on Dec. 17.

What has happened, are will it unhappen in time to get the Ezri offer?

Comments

• Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    On my kindle i have had the same issues periodically since the last update. Fortunately if i continue to log in again eventually the problem clears and i am able to purchase.
    Screen shots and a ticket sent may help you get that ezri if your issue doesnt resolve before time runs out on the offer. 🖖🏻
  • Options
    Okay, so I got this sorted.

I had turned off the Steam overlay, because it was annoying me that the pop up messages you get when starting a game covered up the Play button and made me wait for them to go away.

The game for whatever reason cannot connect to payment processing without the Steam overlay being turned on.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    (I use the Steam version)

When the Niners Ezri offer popped up, I wanted to buy it. But every time I did, the game would just get stuck on a "Hailing starfleet" screen until I forced it to quit.

I've tried several troubleshooting steps between quitting and relaunching, changing the timing of when I try to purchase, rebooting the computer and so on, all to no avail.

After my most recent attempt, reinstalling the game, I now notice that all of the real money items in the portal have their purchase buttons greyed out with the word "Locked" instead of their prices.

I had most recently made a successful purchase on Dec. 17.

What has happened, are will it unhappen in time to get the Ezri offer?

For Steam make sure that the overlay is active.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16330/steam-overlay-required-for-purchases#latest

Also check that everything is still valid in your payment options.