Home The Bridge
Options

What happened to last year's "12 days of offers and sales"

Nothing this year? :'(
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• Options
    i've been worrying about it as well.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about that. Was it after Christmas last year? Or was it before?

I noticed that they did the thing where they added gold citations to LTO's. Are they just tossing in some good deals with no announcement or fanfare? Are they testing to see if deals with no announcement work better than deals with announcement? Maybe players kept waiting to see if there was a better deal the next day, then didn't think the deal was good enough on the last day. Maybe they buy better when there's a good deal, but no one knows when the next good deal might appear. Or maybe they're waiting until after to see who gets gift cards. Lots of possibilities.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been happening. They just haven't formally announced it as 12 days of deals. Notice all the deals recently that are including an extra 5* cite>
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, the 12 days should run between Christmas and Epiphany in January and could be used as a nice lead it to Convergence Day the 14th. I appreciate the offers either way.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get an offer a week ago for 2200 dilithium and I think 20 packs for $25. I was going to buy it but it disappeared. I guess it was an hour deal instead of the usual 2 days deals that fill my login screen. Next time.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year DB was on their way out and gave us all different types of Dil deals. So I think that was from DB. TP hasn't done much even though many of the same people are still here
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »

It's been happening. They just haven't formally announced it as 12 days of deals. Notice all the deals recently that are including an extra 5* cite>

Ok, but that is for people willing to invest money. ¿What about people without that possibility? For instance VIP 0 fleet.
  • Options
    Last year DB was on their way out and gave us all different types of Dil deals. So I think that was from DB. TP hasn't done much even though many of the same people are still here

As a matter of fact, they did a Honor Sale this year, by August I believe, and TP was already the owner of the game.
  • Options
    :smile:

Somebody at work today told me I was drier than the Atacama desert. Doesn't always come across well on these forums but pleased it raised a smile.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, but that is for people willing to invest money. ¿What about people without that possibility? For instance VIP 0 fleet.

Last year's deals were all for real money too. So it's not a change. They had an honor sale last January for Convergence Day. Shan has already said they are busy preparing for this year's celebration. Wait and see what they have then.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I

Last year's deals were all for real money too. So it's not a change. They had an honor sale last January for Convergence Day. Shan has already said they are busy preparing for this year's celebration. Wait and see what they have then.

We are all anxiously waiting B)! That is the reason of this thread's existance :#;)
  • Options
    Last year's deals were all for real money too. So it's not a change.
    That's incorrect. Announced and starting at 19th Dec 2019, there was a crew slot and dabo wheels sale and an immediate gift of 5 crew slots. (additionally to the daily LTO)
  • Options
    Last year's holiday sale was announced/started on 19th Dec, the year before on 18th Dec (honor sale) plus a free Legendary on 19th Dec.

This year, Shan already announced the next event info yesterday (so Wednesday instead of normal Friday), which most likely means that there will be no one at office until Monday, 27th Dec.

Honestly, I hoped for something great this year to justify continue playing although there is no fun left in daily play, but right now I think I have to realize to let go of this illusion.
    However, it's nearly time for new year's resolutions. So, as benefit of the doubt, I will give them the days until then (new year's eve) to see whether Timelines will get a thumbs up or a thumbs down at the resolution.

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472