Home The Bridge
Options

My Replicator issue

My issue with the replicators is that I can't understand why we are being charged for using them , to me it is a bit of a rip off . My reasons for thinking this are ;
(A) We own our replicators , bought through star base donations and working on collections
(B) We buy the replicator fuel with honour , so we own that as well
To my way off thinking we should not be charged for using what we already own . After all it does not cost us anything to equip a card with an item from our inventory , and it does not cost to convert inventory items into replicator fuel either .
Am I the only one that thinks this way ? Or am I missing something ?

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't matter who runs the replicator because I'm the one who owns it and I wrote Quarks contract , so he works for me . I don't mind him charging me for converting inventory items into replicator fuel but I don't agree with him charging me to use my replicator fuel in my replicators . If Quark doesn't like it I'll replace him with someone who does .
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    You buy replicator fuel with honor?

• Options
    If you’re buying replicator rations with Honor you’re doing it wrong
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine the replicator is also intended as a credit sink - so many people stockpile tens or hundreds of millions of credits, and being able to spend up to 2 million per day on replications is one way to help relieve people of their overflowing credit hoards.

How effective is the cost of replication at balancing the game economy? Only WRG could know.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, you're using the matter of the items to replicate the new item. But to paraphrase Newton's law: nothing is for free. Matter and energy has got to come from somewhere, and in this game that's your items and your credits.

I didn't even know you could use honor for the replicator! I need to know how this is done, so I never do it.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »
    Technically, you're using the matter of the items to replicate the new item. But to paraphrase Newton's law: nothing is for free. Matter and energy has got to come from somewhere, and in this game that's your items and your credits.

I didn't even know you could use honor for the replicator! I need to know how this is done, so I never do it.

You can buy rations in the honor store. If I ever did that by mistake I would immediately be begging CS to change it back.

Oh, that’s right! Yeah, never doing that.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    It's nice to see so many people jump to conclusions and make assumptions about how I pay for replicator fuel , does nobody realise that everything you use in the replicator has already been paid for one way or another before you are charged again for using it in the replicator ?
    And just for the record it has been a long time since I needed to use honour for replicator fuel .