Home Make It So!
Options

Suggestions: Boosts and Item management

edited November 2017 in Make It So!
I have a couple of suggestions I'd like to make.

Boosts. With the Thursday 10-packs and boosts gained through other means, there's a huge surplus of low level boosts that will never get used. I'm personally sitting on at least 70+ 0*and 1* boosts for all the skills, 100+ of each for MED. What I would like to see is an option to trade in lower level boosts for more powerful ones. Two 0* for a 1*, two 1* for a 2* etc. It would reduce clutter by removing worthless items from the inventory and giving something useful in return.

Item management. There's so many items in this game, there's always some you don't need to keep, be it schematics, components or something else. As an example, I have Persis safely locked away in my cryo storage but I still have a 4* Persis's D'k tahg in my inventory. This is essentially a worthless item as I'm not likely to level a second Persis and it cannot be used by anyone else.

There's a few ways of handling something like this. There's already a suggestion in a different thread for selling it back for credits so I'm not going to go into that here. The way I see it, there are two other possibilities.

A ) Adding an option to flag items for replicator use. Not super interesting anymore due to voyages and the large amount of rations available.

B ) My preferred option: being able to break down unwanted equipment into the components used to build it. Again, as with the boosts mentioned above, it removes worthless clutter while giving something useful in return.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option B sounds sweet. I think though that the break-up into components would purrhaps only yield 50 to 75 purrcent of them. At least, yes, you'd get sumfin useful back out of those purrsonalized items.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Option B and Proton Paris. Would be a great opportunity to replicate and break down equipment into tons of 0* Holoprograms ;)
  • Options
    I use the low level boosts during galaxy events.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally use low level boosts, but it would take one helluva string of Bashir/Doctor/etc events for me to ever get through the close to 1000 medical boosts I have lying around.

There's also the item limit of 1000 out there, that can rear its ugly head and make you lose something you'd like to keep, so part of A I really like.

I'd love a method by which you can go into the Equipment screen and flag some things to get rid of by either replicator or if there are other means such as breaking things down to lesser components. I regularly get equipment in events for characters I already have leveled up. The gold ones are easy to spot, but sometimes there are green and blues that you have to dig to find. And they may LOOK like other objects making it difficult to work with in the Replicator screen. (Especially since with those items you normally only have one of them)
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I like option B, because when am I ever going to use 980 3* medical boosts in this game. There would need to be some sort of catastrophic shuttle event where everyone is injured...not likely.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...