Home The Bridge
Options

*NEW* Klingon K'Ehleyr 5* - NOT A DIPLOMAT ?!

NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in The Bridge
Klingon K'Ehleyr (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/07.
Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 916 (192 - 396), DIP 486 (128 - 225), SEC 1151 (285 - 589)
Traits: Klingon, Human, Romantic, Ambassador, Communicator, Federation, Undercover Operative

I am super excited for this card because I love her character, one of the many portrayed by Suzie Plakson. Then her stats are announced, and like her other variant, she is an ambassador but not a diplomat? I know there is a huge list going around of crew with inappropriate or missing traits, but this one is probably the first I really care about so I feel compelled to write about it here.

Klingon K'Ehleyr is from the TNG episode The Emissary.
The crew is informed by Admiral Gromek that they are to pick up a special emissary who will assist them with a very important mission. Captain Picard asks for more information, but is told that utmost secrecy is required and that he will be fully informed of the situation by the emissary.

What is a special emissary exactly?
A special envoy or special emissary was a diplomatic rank that was given a very specific mission.
On the same page, as an example of this:
The half-Klingon K'Ehleyr was once granted the title while inside Federation space. Starfleet honored the moniker, because they viewed her as vital to the success of a mission regarding Klingons who still believed the Federation-Klingon War was raging.

I hold a sliver of hope that perhaps WRG sees this post and decides to add diplomat to this 1 K'Ehleyr variant. If this was an oversight in the announcement alone, forget I said anything - I love you :smile:

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope the trait gets added. I'm a ways off from the Diplomat collection and every little bit helps.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambassador = Diplomat but WRG doesn't want to give out the Diplomat trait
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If anything, diplomat alone fits her better than just ambassador. This was a temporary rank for a very specific mission as opposed to a more permanent one to a planet or organization. No embassy - no general ambassadorial duties. At least that's the only kind of distinction I can think of between the two.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an awesomely detailed breakdown, @NoNameNamer .
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So few diplomats, and so few diplomats worthy of citation.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, as it's been a long time since I've seen the episode, but isn't this version in reference to the time that her and Worf mate? Which, diplomatically speaking, was most definitely not very diplomatic :D
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ambassador variant is lacking Diplomat as well. I may be wrong, but wouldn't that make her the only Ambassador without that trait?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ambassador variant is lacking Diplomat as well. I may be wrong, but wouldn't that make her the only Ambassador without that trait?

If so, that seems like something that should be corrected.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Ambassadors Fox, Sarek, Shras, Soval, Spock, Troi, and V'Lar, plus the Zahl Ambassador are all Diplomats. I think 3* Neelix is Ambassador Neelix and he's missing the trait too.
    Conversely, Ambassadors Neelix, K'Ehleyr, Shras, and V'Lar plus the Zahl Ambassador have the Ambassador trait, but Ambassadors Fox, Sarek, Spock, Soval, and Troi do not.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I had no idea Special Envoy was an existing trait. Thank you for pointing it out.
    And those are excellent suggestions for more K'Ehleyr variants. I hope we'll get them some day.