Home Engineering Room
Options

Burnham’s Command Uniform bug

The 5* Burnham’s Command Uniform requires a 4* Tailoring Tool, which is an item used by Garak. That makes zero sense in context for Burnham.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a bug :)

While Tailoring Tool is used by Garak, it is not a Garak specific item and as such is not invalid for this particular uniform.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The 5* Burnham’s Command Uniform requires a 4* Tailoring Tool, which is an item used by Garak. That makes zero sense in context for Burnham.

You really expect DB making 50 new items for every new crew they add? Seriously, it doesn t matter how the items are called or if they make any sense, as long as final status fits, i give a **** about, and so should you. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

You really expect DB making 50 new items for every new crew they add? Seriously, it doesn t matter how the items are called or if they make any sense, as long as final status fits, i give a **** about, and so should you. ;)

Sometimes items can be a legitimate concern, nothing wrong in asking about it :)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess tailoring technology has not progressed much in 100 years....
  • Options
    I guess if we saw Burnham sewing her uniform, then it would make sense. However we actually saw her replicating it on the show, so...

But whatever. If DB doesn’t care then why should I, right?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I guess if we saw Burnham sewing her uniform, then it would make sense. However we actually saw her replicating it on the show, so...

Wait, replicating it? Ok I missed that. I thought replicators came about in the TNG era. You had food dispensers in TOS but I always assumed it was stored food since the Tribbles got in there and had a feast.....

Maybe some DB Dev is a hardline traditionalist on gender roles.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilia Probe also needs one. I guess she needed cut off the bottom part of her outfit.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    We are dealing with people who require for every Odo version a million Bajoran Phasers, although if Odo was known for anything, it was for NEVER CARRYING A PHASER! You clearly cannot expect any form of consistency from these people.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Wait, replicating it? Ok I missed that. I thought replicators came about in the TNG era. You had food dispensers in TOS but I always assumed it was stored food since the Tribbles got in there and had a feast.....

Little of both. TOS replicators were experimental and mostly just used a similar transporter trick like Scotty used to get to TNG. It was mentioned in one of the "logs" books which I've always considered cannon since they were novelizations of TOS and TAS.
  • Options
    scruffy151 wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Little of both. TOS replicators were experimental and mostly just used a similar transporter trick like Scotty used to get to TNG. It was mentioned in one of the "logs" books which I've always considered cannon since they were novelizations of TOS and TAS.

Also, in "By Any Other Name", Rojan comments that the "food synthesizers" -- maybe the next step up from "protien resequencers" referenced in the Enterprise series -- can't provide enough food for the entire crew during a 300 year trip to the Andromeda galaxy, hence the need to reduce the crew into little blocks.

So not replicators, but not simple food stores, either.