Home Make It So!
Options

Show the name of the item being used for replicator fuel

A few times over my years of playing this game, I've accidentally used the wrong item as replicator fuel, because it looked similar to something else. Seeing the name of the item in the quantity selection dialog would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    hermdelica wrote: »
    A few times over my years of playing this game, I've accidentally used the wrong item as replicator fuel, because it looked similar to something else. Seeing the name of the item in the quantity selection dialog would be helpful.

This.....
  • Options
    helpful indeed.
  • Options
    I agree and it would be very helpful when clearing out excess inventory by converting it to rep rations
  • Options
    Exactly
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we trade in the behold update we got today in exchange for this?
  • Options
    +1, also let us know how many of our daily count we’ve used so far!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    hermdelica wrote: »

I've seen this request mentioned in other threads. It's a good idea. Maybe giving this idea its own thread will help. FYI, you can already tap the item in the quantity selection box to see the name. It took me a while to find that out.

If there's multiples, you can tap the item in the quantity selection box, but if there is only one, then you have to jump through some painful hoops to find the name. It would be nicer to have the name automatically displayed.

Question for the room: Should anything with a quantity of 1 pop up the quantity selection box? It is currently streamlined with a single tap. Would it be better to un-streamline the process so we can read the name. Personally, I can't think of a single time where I thought to myself, "Boy, it sure is nice that I can just tap this item once to get that big 0.02% increase in my replicator bar."
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Prime Lorca, that would allow you to check what your where using, and it should not be hard to make everything show up there.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime Lorca, that would allow you to check what your where using, and it should not be hard to make everything show up there.

I hate to judge the difficulty since I don't know much about coding, but it is my hope that it's not too difficult. Maybe just removing some lines of programming that streamline the process. But... ya never know.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I am a coder, and can say with some confidence that it shouldn't be a big change.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I would love to see this. It would make me a lot more comfortable using crew specific items replicating.

@Prime Lorca [10FH], making all quantities, including one, bring that up is one option. Another would be to make a long press (right click on PC) bring up the item context menu, but that may create issues on mobile.

Not to hijack, but an extension of this would be to also allow the icons on the "used to make" section trappable/clickable so I can chase down if an item is of any use to any current crew. There's no way I know of to see the crafting tree in-game unless you have crew needing that equipment.
  • Options
    Please!
  • Options
    Yes, please! I would love to be able to tell what item I'm spending to replicate.