Home The Bridge
Options

The quest for the Holly 2* Idic

[RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
Did you guys put a moratorium on 2* idics? Cause, i've been running at least 40 successful federation missions since thursday, and i'm yet to see a single one. We already have the "high" drop rate of 0* holoprograms, we don't need another impossible to get item.

Or are you trying to make the shuttles obsolete?

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a Holly Jolly Ponn Farr!
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!!! No Christmas themed Star Trek posts until after we eat our synthetic replicated ersatz turkey...
  • Options
    MWF Epic2 is the only way to go. You can't get faction items you actually need from shuttles, as far as I can tell xD
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    There are several cadet missions where to obtain lots of them! Ex Astris Scientia, Epic difficulty, Mission 2. Runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There you can farm them easily! I have around 140 of them
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several cadet missions where to obtain lots of them! Ex Astris Scientia, Epic difficulty, Mission 2. Runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There you can farm them easily! I have around 140 of them

I am looking at hopefully being 15* Monday, since I got advice and leveled the people I needed for the last Epic. After that, I will need to try and remember to hit Mission Two from there on out.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I need base ancient films. I have had two drop since I have gotten to the three hour mark in shuttle return time. And that is actually doing fairly well. Before event I ran 4 shuttles 7 times in a day. For 56 shuttle runs to Fed I got no base ancient films. Only at most 28 were successful. I believe it was lower but did not keep track of it. When I send four shuttles to same faction I almost never get four failures, but I get a lot of three failures. I have never seen my difficulty drop.

They need to fix how they drop difficulty on shuttle missions. My average success on nonevent is below 60% but above 50%. However, my actual success is averaging below 50%. Main reason, best crew is on voyage. This would not be a problem, if 1 success out of four shuttle missions would drop difficulty.

I do predict with more people putting their best crew on voyages, that DB’s tracking of success rate will show people are averaging below the expected success rate.

Edit: When people drop down in difficulty, it is not too uncommon to get a lot of 3 successes out of four sent. This will balance out the failures of the next higher difficulty. Without the drop in difficulty there will not be this balancing effect.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I need base ancient films...

They don't drop from faction missions for me either. The Federation faction store usually has these in stock for my login. Not cheap, but better than the replicator.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    @Deb.
    Yep I check the store but I will only buy if it is merits. I end up having to chose how to use replicator when dealing with these. Can be quite hard when not really a lot used on one item but the need for many items that use a few.

I should have mentioned at low difficulties return times less than 1 1/2 hours. Ancient films drop more frequently. But again this is a problem that DB should correct. At high difficulties when successful more should drop say 3-7 of them.(base ancient films)
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadet missions or Faction store is your only hope as shuttles are so unreliable unless there's a Faction event where you can spend 4 days sending shuttles to get them.
  • Options
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Cadet missions or Faction store is your only hope as shuttles are so unreliable unless there's a Faction event where you can spend 4 days sending shuttles to get them.

you mean like this one? 2 days later, still no idic :))))
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Exactly, this is why anytime there is a faction event with Section 31, I run them to stock up on 0* Holoprograms and 2* Security Codes. Anytime there is a faction event with Federation, I run them to stock up on 0* Ancient Films and 2* IDICs and 0* Orchids. Anytime there is a faction event with Augments, I run them to stock up on 0* Medical Experiments and 2* Science Experiments.

Personally I never care which faction wins, I just like the added bonus of item stocking during a faction event because I'd be running shuttles to get points anyway.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I have had these drop during the current event ... but the Cadet missions are the best way to stock up on them.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many did you get during the event?
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    How many did you get during the event?

I wasn't tracking them closely, as I don't have any Vulcans I am currently trying to level ... best guess would be about half a dozen.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I got at least 20 2* IDIC in the event, but I ran federation missions exclusively.
  • Options
    Deb. wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I need base ancient films...

They don't drop from faction missions for me either. The Federation faction store usually has these in stock for my login. Not cheap, but better than the replicator.

They are so rare from Shuttle Missions, I screen-shot this when I collected my Faction Winner Shuttles this morning:

4Aehv1R.jpg

4Aehv1R.jpg

I hardly ever see ONE much less TWO

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Irial wrote: »
    I have had these drop during the current event ... but the Cadet missions are the best way to stock up on them.

Today's Cadet Mission I was working on 3*-ing had several, of different Star Levels, but I cannot remember which ones, or where they were. I am bad at that.

Let me research on the Wiki......

EDIT: It was "Flesh and Blood".

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Flesh_and_Blood

I used Alexander and Persis to alternate the Security Nodes, and Persis for the last Command Node. Data for the Engineering Node in slot Four, but could not do the final Eng Node, with him being Fatigued from first one.