Home The Bridge
Options

The Anniversary "special mini arc"

"That’s not all, for our anniversary we also have a special mini arc event, Utopia Galaxia. Consisting of two weekly events, this mini arc will tackle the big mystery known as the temporal anomaly. You will not want to miss it.."

Have to ask...

I did not miss it but did I miss something? What was special/different about this event? Seemed like another cut and paste job with the usual random 5* rewards that appeared once as a guest characters on Star Trek. *Shrug*

Comments

• Options
    I agree, the only thing ‘special’ about it was the not even one minute of reading what a couple characters had to say 3 times this weekend...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was also no suspense, when one of the first messages about the issue being resolved came from a character (Warship Yar) who isn’t from the prime timeline. Obviously the issue isn’t resolved. Duh
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did add some spice when the winner got to pick a new crew.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    It also seems to end with a contradiction. He will confine his funny business to a single planet, but he won't end his illusions. Was the story telling us him or his people are the cause of this "crisis"? Or is the illusion reference intended to be limited to the idea the crisis is over? Are all the cards in this game the result of his illusions or are they pulled from the portal and are time displaced? Are some cards the result of his illusions to pretend the crisis is over and some are the result of the crisis?

This was billed as tackling the mystery of the game, but it doesn't seem to have. All it seems to have done is resolved a secondary crisis which was the belief it was all over. This almost feels like a bad retcon they didn't follow through with.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exanimus wrote: »
    It also seems to end with a contradiction. He will confine his funny business to a single planet, but he won't end his illusions. Was the story telling us him or his people are the cause of this "crisis"? Or is the illusion reference intended to be limited to the idea the crisis is over? Are all the cards in this game the result of his illusions or are they pulled from the portal and are time displaced? Are some cards the result of his illusions to pretend the crisis is over and some are the result of the crisis?

This was billed as tackling the mystery of the game, but it doesn't seem to have. All it seems to have done is resolved a secondary crisis which was the belief it was all over. This almost feels like a bad retcon they didn't follow through with.

The way I read it, Kevin Uxbridge’s illusory fix to the temporal anomalies are ended - perhaps to the point that the Mike Burnham, Sr. from the event dialogue vanished into thin air after his last line - but that anyone wishing to pretend for a while that the crisis is over can head on over to Rana IV and chill with Kevin until they want or need to get back to regular life.

I felt it was kind of a nice end to an unfortunately ‘meh’ event. The problem with the premise was that the game would have no more purpose to exist at all if the temporal anomalies were ended...knowing that the game wouldn’t end with the conclusion of the event sapped both weeks of any gravitas they may have otherwise had.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a fun story beat, but it did feel like it was lacking some impact. I wonder if it would have worked better if we received two copies of Luau Paris from achievements, and one for each event. Still would have totaled four, but may have had more impact acquired this way. (And it would have made Luau Paris event crew for each.)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more, my expectations of something to mark the celebrations were dashed once i saw the rewards.
    Ive said elsewhere some honor and maybe some dil in the thresholds wouldn't have been that difficult to add would it?
    I worry if TP said they were going to put on a party for something (can't be Christmas as that's banned) and you expected a buffet and champagne you would get there and its a cheese and pineapple hedgehog with tap water.
    I do honestly hope from the feedback and comments they have realised they need to up there game significantly in the future