Home Ready Room

Voyage calculation

Has anybody figured out how much time each skill point adds? I know earlier there was some speculation that the checks started at 1500 and went up by 1000 every hour but I'm pretty sure that's been debunked now (not least because my F2P account can pass the first few checks with as few as 200 skill points), so I was wondering if anyone had better luck nailing down anything more accurate yet?

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do know that after extensive trial and error some awesome players have shared with us that the gold hazard pops up 35% of the time, silver 25% and the others 10%. So if you balance your skill points that way you can maximize your voyage time. The reference I go by is 7000, 5000, then the other four at 2000. If you have higher skill point beyond that then just adjust those proportions accordingly.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starts at 0, increases 20 points every minute.

1200 increase per hour.

2400 skill max for 2hrs.

4800 skill max for 4 hrs.

7200 for 6 hrs

9600 for 8 hrs

Etc

I have found this spreadsheet to be pretty accurate (usually is within 30 mins) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bm0emOz-eNHU-_YCH741vG4DxRltoyS4tWvA6cee3V8/edit?usp=drivesdk
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for the info.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This tool is also helpful:

https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw
  • I'm fairly confident that the skill check starts at zero and goes up by 7 points per "tick" (20 seconds). So 1,260 points per hour.

I've been building a spreadsheet to test this and practice my monte carlo skills, but it's not ready for public consumption yet. Though I will say that Chewable C++'s estimator is just about dead on.

I'm also fairly confident that while your cumulative average stats of each voyage member in each category is the one displayed, what actually is happening is a standard min/max roll like in away missions, but cumulative across the team.

There are a few other theories I am trying to test at the moment as well but it involves tedious record keeping of missions that has to be done by hand. At least it doesn't have to be done in real time. I wish there was some way to save mission logs so that I could do them all in a batch.
  • 2 weird things happen:
    1. Way too many times fuel runs out at times like 5:58+ or 7:58+.
    2. Since about 3 weeks ago, crew drops drastically decreased. Sometimes I get to over 9h and not even a blue drop.
  • I'm fairly confident that the skill check starts at zero and goes up by 7 points per "tick" (20 seconds). So 1,260 points per hour.

Just saw this now!

This is very close to the value I use for my estimator now, which is 1250.

Your theory is intriguing. 7 seems like a "round" number, and everything seems to be based on ticks, so that seems likely.

On the other hand, my value of 1250 can also be seen as 2500 per dilemma. This is also a round number. 1250 seems to fit the data I have slightly better than 1260.

Toying with the numbers a bit, I found that using 33 per hazard check yields about 1256 per hour. Also very close. 33 is not as "round" as the other two, though.

Ultimately, does the difference between 1250 and 1260 really matter? Not really. It's a very small difference that's well within RNG and we may never really know for sure.

For now, since my data fits 1250 better, I'll keep using that. But thanks for this theory!

Have you learned anything else interesting since then?

I saw your post here but can't quite figure out how your calculation works (sheet formulas are a pain to read without explanation and you've got quite a lot of magic numbers in there that I don't recognize):

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2234/i-made-a-voyage-optimizer

It appears to provide numbers very close to mine, though.