Home The Bridge
Options

Android

How can I find if it's capable of running the latest version of the game? Or, where do I find out if it meets those numbers?

This was originally a mobile game and if it no longer runs on my mobile, I won't be going out and buying a new device.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can I find if it's capable of running the latest version of the game? Or, where do I find out if it meets those numbers?

This was originally a mobile game and if it no longer runs on my mobile, I won't be going out and buying a new device.

Settings > System > About Phone > Software Info

Or something along those lines......

🖖🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    If your phone is newer than 7 or 8 years old this won't affect you. Android 4.4 came out in like 2012 or 2013 lol.
  • Options

Thanks to you both :smile:
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last phone was a Kyocera Brigadier. It came out in 2014 and wasn't especially powerful under the hood, and it ran 4.4.

It **tsk tsk** when system reqs get revised up, as some folks are always left behind. But at least with STT there are several other options to access your account.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    My last phone was a Kyocera Brigadier. It came out in 2014 and wasn't especially powerful under the hood, and it ran 4.4.

It **tsk tsk** when system reqs get revised up, as some folks are always left behind. But at least with STT there are several other options to access your account.

There goes my theory that only "Black Friday Sale" Tablets from 2013-2014 would be affected by this, as Android KitKat 4.4 was released on October 31, 2013.

I figured with phones running Android KitKat 4.4, that one would either have upgraded the phone via community ROM builds on XDA if the phone/bootloader is unlockable. If there were no upgrade options, I'd figure anyone using a KitKat phone would have already run into so many issues with other apps no longer being supported, and they'd have bit the bullet and bought a new phone.

It doesn't look there there were any COMMUNITY built ROMs for the Kyocera Brigadier, but there is an official Kyocera update to Android Lollipop 5.1.1

https://www.leakite.com/kyocera-brigadier-e6782-flash-file/
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    I can't play it on a Xiaomi note 8t from 2 years ago so...
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17462/ad-credit-not-applied

We lost 3 members already. I am ... beyond words, how clueless this timing is, given what has happened recently.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A heads up earlier though would have been nice.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the fewer old devices they support, the less they have to test and fix. They can produce a better/more reliable app if they drop support for old devices.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timelines on iOS currently requires iOS 9.0 https://apps.apple.com/us/app/star-trek-timelines/id1001250333#?platform=iphone

That was released in September 2015. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_9

Android 4.4 was released in September 2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_KitKat

So they've been supporting an older Android OS than iPhone. It's also only running on 1.47% of Android devices, so this is not excluding a lot of players.
  • Options
    I stand, corrected, about outmoded operating systems. But, I also stand by my point about the timing of the announcement, given what has transpired recently.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I agree advance notice is good but i skso know that regression/compatability testing is often late in the test plan. Could be they only recently found out where the cut off line was themselves.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    I agree advance notice is good but i skso know that regression/compatability testing is often late in the test plan. Could be they only recently found out where the cut off line was themselves.
    The bane of a gamer's existence.
    I think most gamers have looked at or even bought a game our system couldn't manage at the time. I think I had a Call of Duty game that wouldn't run on the laptop I had when I bought it, though I was playing a newer release of the franchise that would. There was a Gameboy game I wanted as a kid, even saved up for, that wasn't compatible with the older model. I had to explain why I couldn't get it after I'd really wanted it to my mom. I got the game and the new system at either my birthday or Christmas, whichever was next. She got me a Switch Lite last year. :)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other way around... I so loved "Birth of the Federation" but it stopped working with current Windows versions ages ago. There is some noname dupe but it does not feel the same.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Android
    6zz57nfvzjqy.jpg
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I stand, corrected, about outmoded operating systems. But, I also stand by my point about the timing of the announcement, given what has transpired recently.

They have a new feature launching. That new feature requires a new client. New clients require new version of Google APIs which also end support for older version. This was not WRG setting out to say, we want to end support for older versions, this was WRG updating their code to support their new feature and as a result had to deprecate an old OS. They also could have not said anything and just had people be surprised when it launched. Instead they've given players warning that it's coming.

Fair point. I have no wish to debate anyone, so I am done with this topic.
  • Options
    The other way around... I so loved "Birth of the Federation" but it stopped working with current Windows versions ages ago. There is some noname dupe but it does not feel the same.

I loved BOTF too. I was able to play it using play on Mac until OS Catalina.