Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad credit not applied

fgda4lmfkffm.jpeg

Seriously? Get your act together before the new feature launch, or this coupled with the Android OS-version requirement will negate the good will that your company is losing rapidly.
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    fgda4lmfkffm.jpeg

Seriously? Get your act together before the new feature launch, or this coupled with the Android OS-version requirement will negate the good will that your company is losing rapidly.

... and I do not use the term “good will” in the accounting sense here. You are close enough to zero, in my opinion, that a few more zeroes on your holding company’s balance sheet won’t seem to matter to them.

But it damn sure matters to us, your players. I will not spend more money here until I am assured that y’all give a damn.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Oh, this is a problem? I get this fairly regularly. As in once or twice a day. Nothing like watching three ads in a row and getting nothing. I wasn't sure what the limit was, so I didn't realize it was glitch.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Oh, this is a problem? I get this fairly regularly. As in once or twice a day. Nothing like watching three ads in a row and getting nothing. I wasn't sure what the limit was, so I didn't realize it was glitch.

Yes, it was a glitch, because it was well over 1 hour since my last ad-watch to double the cadet challenge. That one was worth 67,500 credits, which might seems small to some but significant to others.
    @W.W. Carlisle , I remember your posts here in Engineering about glitches with the Amazon OS, and now I am experiencing some of them on a fully updated iOS device. Some fleetmates are telling us of similar problems with Facebook, and soon, it seems, we will lose members due to the Android OS minimum, because their devices work just fine for other things and ...

This is just a game. It is supposed to be fun.

I think my final wake-up call was not this glitch, because every game has some, in my experience. Instead, it came earlier today when I seriously thought about spending dilithium to speed up a scan, just so that I could finish the daily missions and not have to open this app again today.

That is not fun; it is a chore. And I have read enough from you elsewhere to know that you, more than most, know why chores are not fun. I have literally shoveled pickup-loads of horse manure in my life, and this game is beginning to smell the same way.

I wish you all the best, @W.W. Carlisle , but after playing STT for over four years, my advice to you is the old saw: Expect the worst and hope for the best, so that you might be pleasantly surprised.
    🖖
  • Options
    I've never quite worked out what the ad schedule is. I probably should, but I haven't. It isn't uncommon to watch an ad get nothing, but have it still lit, so watch another. Sometimes it takes. Sometimes I get the limit notice. Sometimes I have to take a third or fourth try.
    The Kindle glitches don't improve. The OS for Kindle updated the 15th and some things just don't change.
    I have such poor odds of getting my on-screen keyboard to appear to chat, search, or even send a CS ticket that I bought a Kindle compatible mini keyboard. It fixed that.
    The crashing is absurd. It isn't just bouncing me back to the splash screen or out to my desktop anymore. I'm bounced clear out of Kindle and back to my LOCK screen. I have no idea what is going on there.
    Plenty of bouncing during skirmish, but have only been double bounced three times. Need to send a ticket for that yet.
    There is also this weird thing it does where half the screen has a grey veil over it, like when there is a low battery, but just half. It crashes not long after.
    I think I stick with it, because it is still more fun than my day to day. Having to reenter my lock code and restart the game is still more fun than carrying 50lb feed bags with a bone bruise in my hand. I still haven't figured how or when I did it. I just keep aggrievating it. Should be better soon. I've had it wrapped and padded for over a week now. It least it no longer hurts to hold a pen or fork with it. Right hand in a righty, of course.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Not sure if this is related, but three times in a row yesterday, after watching the ads to get double very rare, expensive chroniton cost items, I got ripped off.

Each time, not only did it not give me the item, but it also took away the ad option for the usual amount of time. This resulted in me losing over a thousand chrons because I was forced to rerun the missions repeatedly in order to get the items I should have already gotten.

I contacted support each time and filed a ticket. This has been an on again, off again issue since I started playing years ago. This time, I got offered compensation that didn't even make up for a quarter of the chrons I had to use to make up for their issue.

I had resolved to stop all spending until they address the issue. I'm fed up. It already has had an effect, as my monthly dilithium card just ran out and I normally would have bought it. Also, I normally get the campaign and that is not getting purchased also. Not to mention, any other offers.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I've never quite worked out what the ad schedule is. I probably should, but I haven't. It isn't uncommon to watch an ad get nothing, but have it still lit, so watch another. Sometimes it takes. Sometimes I get the limit notice. Sometimes I have to take a third or fourth try.
    The Kindle glitches don't improve. The OS for Kindle updated the 15th and some things just don't change.
    I have such poor odds of getting my on-screen keyboard to appear to chat, search, or even send a CS ticket that I bought a Kindle compatible mini keyboard. It fixed that.
    The crashing is absurd. It isn't just bouncing me back to the splash screen or out to my desktop anymore. I'm bounced clear out of Kindle and back to my LOCK screen. I have no idea what is going on there.
    Plenty of bouncing during skirmish, but have only been double bounced three times. Need to send a ticket for that yet.
    There is also this weird thing it does where half the screen has a grey veil over it, like when there is a low battery, but just half. It crashes not long after.
    I think I stick with it, because it is still more fun than my day to day. Having to reenter my lock code and restart the game is still more fun than carrying 50lb feed bags with a bone bruise in my hand. I still haven't figured how or when I did it. I just keep aggrievating it. Should be better soon. I've had it wrapped and padded for over a week now. It least it no longer hurts to hold a pen or fork with it. Right hand in a righty, of course.

Here’s the ad schedule, courtesy of my friend @eXo | SilverRose (retired) who posted it to the
    STT Discord server
    maintained by @Stellar Ice and many other members of this community:

vfafwljcl6a8.png

And of course it was your right hand, because sometimes the universe is just perverse. Heal well, and of course, LLAP.
  • Options
    Thanks for the schedule. I'll have to pay closer attention.
    My right hand and arm is a mess. Over the years, I've dislocated the shoulder, thumb, little finger, and just the tip of the little finger. I broke the radius the long way. The Wolfhound slammed it in a door. I have broken every finger, some multiple times. Multiple sprained wrists and tennis elbow from carrying Ves when his leg was broken as a kitten. The numbers for cuts, bruises, burns, bites, etc. is beyond count. It mostly works and everything is this there. That's more than my sister can say. She lost half a finger to a pet raccoon at five.
    I more than understand that things breakdown, act up, etc. The thing that irks me with STT is that I can't fix it myself. Not that I need something else to work on.
    Now for sleep. I need to be running the church's AV system in seven hours.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Please forgive me for snipping this, but one comment you made here rang so many bells for me:
    *snip*
    The thing that irks me with STT is that I can't fix it myself.
    *snip*

That, in a nutshell, is why we as a community have created countless forum threads & myriad outside resources to assuage this same feeling. We all want to make it better, no matter our differences. But all we can do here is vocalize our opinions and hope that the STT Team at WRG take more of our pleadings with more than a grain of salt.

At the end of the day, I still have faith in that team. I am not Pollyanna, though, nor am I Cassandra. And so, I will abide.
  • Options
    Oh, yes, the curse of Cassandra. I make this joke frequently about myself. I tend to say things offhand, about this or that going wrong, being bad, etc., and then it happens. My mother frequently stops me from saying things when things are going wrong.
    The game team does pretty good. This event, while a normal Skirmish has a good storyline and great dialogue. I hope they are hitting their stride.
    I also dislike the lack of transparency and failure to address some long time issues. The keyboard issue and my voyage notice not appearing on my dashboard are very old problems. These are a year plus with no changes and they are very frustrating problems.
    I hope things are getting better. When they finish with the new feature, they should be able to look at the little things. I'm considering starting a new thread of collections that need updated, the odd crew that need added to one or the other, and the more popular requests for new ones. Maybe if we updated it with each expansion or addition, it would be a positive thing. It would show progress even if it isn't the one we were rooting for.
    The indicator is less annoying now as I can calculate when I need to trigger dilemma or check for recall and be pretty close.
    The keyboard is a much bigger deal. Everyone blows off chat as being bad and suggesting Discord or the like. My fleet is casual and we frequently get very new players. We get a lot of in game chat. I HATED being the only older player active when a new one had questions and couldn't get my keyboard to work. Plus, searching for Klingons or Picards manually, both in quarters and the vault, isn't too bad. Even the innovators had a collection to help. The cultural figures one without a keyboard meant manually checking the ones I guessed. (Friar Tuck gets it, but not Robin Hood? Seriously??) I couldn't even send a CS ticket. The mini keyboard is awkward and annoying, but it works. It was worth the $20 as a Christmas present for me.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the frustration that issues such as these cause but I would like to remind everyone to be mindful of the tone you are using on these forums.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I appreciate the frustration that issues such as these cause but I would like to remind everyone to be mindful of the tone you are using on these forums.

Thank you for your response, Shan, and I will be more mindful of my tone. In return, I ask that you and the STT team publicly address these persistent issues here, in your forums, so that all of us players might gain some clarity as to the steps you are taking to address them.
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your response, Shan, and I will be more mindful of my tone. In return, I ask that you and the STT team publicly address these persistent issues here, in your forums, so that all of us players might gain some clarity as to the steps you are taking to address them.

100% This.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this.

I'm reaching my breaking point as well. I've stopped all spending because not only is this issue still ongoing years later, the customer service response has been less than stellar.

And I say that as someone who often gets accused of being a TP cheerleader (or worse). That should tell you something. Enough is enough. These aren't new or one off issues.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Goodness gracious, a topic upon which at least three players agree: Do Better.

And before you scold me for my tone again, Shan, I would remind you that I am trying to remain civil. The courtesy of a substantive response to any player concerns, including these, would be appreciated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have an update on this issue or others, I am sorry.
    If I had I would have shared them.

For this particular issue there is nothing much PS can do unfortunately.

As I've said previously, I understand the frustrations, and it is ok to voice them.
    How you voice them matters however.

My commitment to you is that I will keep on bringing these frustrations up.

• Options

As I've said previously, I understand the frustrations, and it is ok to voice them.

Thank you for your response, Shan. I appreciate your public commitment to address these issues for us, the players of your game.
  • Options

Thank you for your response, Shan. I appreciate your public commitment to address these issues for us, the players of your game.

I have played now for over four years. Shan has always seemed to be fair in dealing with all of the stuff that comes up. I thank you for doing a difficult job, and I applaud you for doing it well.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +3.

Icecat and I have had our differences, but with regard to this post I am in complete agreement, have the same questions and share the same sentiment.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    +3.

Icecat and I have had our differences, but with regard to this post I am in complete agreement, have the same questions and share the same sentiment.

... and THIS is why I keep coming back here.

At the end of the day, we all play this game because we love Star Trek, and through playing this game and talking here & elsewhere, we all learn from each other. Y’all have taught me a lot, and I thank you for that. 🖖
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    +3.

If @Cpt_insano_2k1 and I are on the same page, that should tell you something. ;)

Sound the Red Alert lol :D
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan

I understand that you are very busy, but I would like you to answer my questions above. Those answers are going to go a long way towards determining my future actions with this game, particularly regarding spending money. I'm asking for this response to be public, as I am not the only one with these concerns.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    @Shan

I understand that you are very busy, but I would like you to answer my questions above. Those answers are going to go a long way towards determining my future actions with this game, particularly regarding spending money. I'm asking for this response to be public, as I am not the only one with these concerns.

What I can say at this time is that I am looking at what can be done on the player support side to better address those issues. And I will also bring them up to the game team as a big source of frustrations.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    @Shan

What I can say at this time is that I am looking at what can be done on the player support side to better address those issues. And I will also bring them up to the game team as a big source of frustrations.

I appreciate the response. I think all that most of us are looking for is fairness. It isn't fair to end up with less than what we started with, because of an issue out of our control.

If this issue isn't something that can be corrected easily, as it seems, then I hope that the compensation will reflect the fact that. This has been happening for a long time, and is causing a lot of frustrations on the player's end.
  • Options
    “It happened again this evening, pale sail in a yellowing sky ...

gmr42szjcvgh.png

Just give me a reason, WRG, please.