Home The Bridge
Options

New client = clickfest?

Starting the new client I have to click away up to 4 messages. Describing this as mega annoying is just a mild variant of what I'm thinking.
Replacing the crew button with a menu is another clickfest.
Why the heck do I need to click away new event notices 1 week ahead of the event? Why is this not announced via ingame news/message 1 week in front and then the common 1-day advance notice. For the latter I would like to have it disabled once read so it would not pop up upon starting the client again. Its accessible via event hub anyway

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sign in pop ups are not just in the new client. Have you missed them every other day you signed in?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Shan has said on another thread that the new event notices were not meant to pop up every time you log in and that they are working on sorting it .
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't just the event notices. Those are just the most recent. I wish they had a "dismiss this advertisement" button.

Agreed. So many items in this game need a dismiss option. Deals you do not want for instance...

Why not just announce the deals via in-game mail with a expiration date set for when the deal ends?
  • Options
    I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the new UI.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Edit: Please delete this reply. Forums are double posting. Seems to be a Cloudflare problem.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    It isn't just the event notices. Those are just the most recent. I wish they had a "dismiss this advertisement" button.

Agreed. So many items in this game need a dismiss option. Deals you do not want for instance...

Why not just announce the deals via in-game mail with a expiration date set for when the deal ends?

Certain deals are just unnecessary for certain players. I would much rather be able to dismiss them. Although, your option could be an effective alternative choice as well. To not have to constantly click out of some thing; to know that it’s available in mail if someone wants it.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Certain deals are just unnecessary for certain players. I would much rather be able to dismiss them. Although, your option could be an effective alternative choice as well. To not have to constantly click out of some thing; to know that it’s available in mail if someone wants it.

This is a freemium game. Their entire business model is based on getting you to buy deals. There is a small chance that every time they show you the deal it will tempt you enough to buy it. They're not going to give us the option to dismiss deals because some small number of players buy the deals when they pop up again.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

This is a freemium game. Their entire business model is based on getting you to buy deals. There is a small chance that every time they show you the deal it will tempt you enough to buy it. They're not going to give us the option to dismiss deals because some small number of players buy the deals when they pop up again.

There is also the small chance that seeing THAT ad for the tenth time today will be the back-breaking straw, after being frustrated by the latest mistake in-game.......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?