Home The Bridge
Options

Recurring mega legendary at 400k?

I hope this is an error.
The recurring mega legendary at 400k would mean that only very established rosters can get him.

You need a lot of event crew to get there in factions. A lot of chrons in galaxies and at least a good5* ship with good crew in skirmish.

Doing this would make the mega useless for the first year of play unless you are rich and buy a couple of hundred packs

Comments

• Options
    I agree it is a bad decision and I am hoping it is a mistake.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I think I am done if this is the direction they are taking things in, I just don't have the time to grind that much.
  • Options
    If this is real, I'm out.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and they laughed when I said WRG was tanking the game on purpose.

I suspect an they used the rerun loot table
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Gandozer {SoS}Gandozer {SoS} ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    It’s probably a simple mistake, a 5* gold was suppose to go at 400K probably an existing Q , and Lothario should be at the normal 24K. We shall see...
  • Options
    This is terrible, and I really hope it gets changed.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Let's wait until I have more information before we jump to conclusions?

Also this is already discussed in the event thread. Thank you!

Thanks for looking into it! Not sure why people created another thread about this
  • Options
    This is indeed an error and is in the process of being corrected.

Thank you Shan 🖖🖖

Now the community can be relieved
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AWESOME! Thanks Shan!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Let's wait until I have more information before we jump to conclusions?

Also this is already discussed in the event thread. Thank you!

Sorry Shan but if this is a mistake it is another in a long line of mistakes which means there really needs to be a big improvement in quality and testing.

Not only that. Nobody is jumping to any conclusions, Shan - it is clearly written there in "black and white". If it is a mistake, it is on your company, not the members discussing it here.

How many of these events have we done with a recurring legendary? It’s far more reasonable to believe it was a mistake, than to run with the postulation that the point value of said character was suddenly increased to 400k.

Having said that, some improved quality control might be in order, as mistakes do seem more apparent of late (or it might just be my negative bias).

I've noted the phrase "rebalancing rewards" a number of times recently. It's not entirely an assumption many make without merit. Large changes are coming and some are very concerned.

I may be worth TP noting there are growing trust issues. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. And to be honest, some people will always think the worst, which is to be expected. However, the company may want to consider how and what it's communicating, as well as when. Many people love being surprised, and many enjoy surprising people. But maybe not everything needs to be a last minute surprise, and vague hints and suggestions can sometimes cause more concern. It's obvious a lot of people are acting defensively. TP should at least consider they have a role in that.

I completely agree with the second part of your comment. More transparency from TP right now is vital to rebuild lost trust with players. And, TP has played a significant role in the destruction of that trust. I can certainly understand why people jump to the worst thoughts first when new information is received, whether it is legitimate info or mistake.

With the first part, in this particular instance only, there is enough precedent to reasonably believe a mistake was made, than a deliberate willingness to cut off part of the player base by increasing the recurring legendary reward to 400K (and dust of the torches and pitchforks). It’s just my two cents.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...