Home Make It So!
Options

Scrap ships

I think it would be nice to be able to scrap built ships. I know we can get rid of schematics but once a ship has been built you are stuck with it. I've got so many ships that I don't use/need because I built everything I ever got schematics for before really knowing what I was doing. You can airlock crew that have been FF/FE so I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to do it with ships.
It would make it a lot simpler on voyages to find the ships I need. Seems like others who are not completists would use that feature as well.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your point. I would never use the feature, but I would not object to it.

However, something to consider is that the new features might include the long-awaited ship collections.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I don't imagine it would be something for everyone. You make a good point with the collections. But I still think it would be a valuable feature. Hey @DavideBooks , I'm happy to give you all the ships I no longer want. Stop at my space dock. I'll leave the keys in the ignition for you. :smile:
  • Options
    If only... 😀
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭

While I wouldn't get rid of any ships just because they could become useful in the future. I would like to see an option for ships like "freezing" crew. But instead of freeze make it "Decommission" then we could "Recommission" it for some kind of fee.

That's a great idea!
  • Options
    I like the Decommission and Recommission idea.

• Options
    It would also be nice to have a way of sorting ships, especially for voyages, according to certain traits or levels
    Admiral: Women of Starfleet
    We are recruiting!
  • Options
    Veepea wrote: »
    It would also be nice to have a way of sorting ships, especially for voyages, according to certain traits or levels

We've had hints they are working on that, but they are glacially slow.
  • Options
    Clyde *WhiF*Clyde *WhiF* ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    The only issue I can see with that is would we have to rebuild them? If we scrap them when finished would that leave us with an unfinished schematic to have to rebuild? MAYBE a scrapyard idea? Where we can send our 1* and 2* ships to as well as any other ships we don't need or use and an active fleet station for ships most commonly used like our 4* and 5* and a kind of "Jupiter Station" for ships still needing to be finished. MAYBE even a trade-in option, say trade in completed 1* for a needed 2* ship and so forth, 2 for a 3, etc
  • Options
    Veepea wrote: »

We've had hints they are working on that, but they are glacially slow.

Glaciers move faster, more like frozen mud.
  • Options
    Since the overabundance of ships is only an issue on voyages, I think I would just opt for a "Sort by Antimatter" feature on the Voyage screen.