Home Engineering Room

8.0.0 for Amazon client

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Engineering Room
Will the Amazon update be available before Feb 8th? So far it is not available.

The announcement did not include any info.
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Amazon update be available before Feb 8th? So far it is not available.

The announcement did not include any info.

The release should happen this week, hopefully tomorrow.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Shan!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    v8.0.0 has been released for Amazon :)
    Thanks! Already updated.

I was hoping for a fix with purchases only being available when the app store is running on start. This had been working fine long ago but has not for like a year now. Is it a known issue which will ever be fixed? Or is it on Amazon side and not fixable?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Already updated.

I was hoping for a fix with purchases only being available when the app store is running on start. This had been working fine long ago but has not for like a year now. Is it a known issue which will ever be fixed? Or is it on Amazon side and not fixable?

I am not aware of this issue.
    Have you submitted a ticket for this already?
    edited February 2021
    No, shame on me. I will.

To my defense, it was mentioned on the forums on several occasions.

/edit: Ticket #575606
  • I sometimes use my Kindle Fire to play the game and I've never had that issue. Just now I closed everything before starting the game and then bought the Intel LTO without any issues.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're referring to though.
    edited February 2021
    I sometimes use my Kindle Fire to play the game and I've never had that issue. Just now I closed everything before starting the game and then bought the Intel LTO without any issues.

Could be that this is an issue with normal Android devices only and not with the Fire.

pofj2s6ipq7p.jpg

Simply restarting does not fix it though.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I sometimes use my Kindle Fire to play the game and I've never had that issue. Just now I closed everything before starting the game and then bought the Intel LTO without any issues.

Could be that this is an issue with normal Android devices only and not with the Fire.

Probably. I've never had that notification pop up.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes use my Kindle Fire to play the game and I've never had that issue. Just now I closed everything before starting the game and then bought the Intel LTO without any issues.

pofj2s6ipq7p.jpg

I've moved the thread here and I've seen your ticket.

From what I can tell you are using the Amazon Store on a non Amazon device, that's not supported and we cannot guarantee that it will not cause issues even though you said it worked in the past.

That is a pity but not a big deal either. We worked around the issue for months, and we will continue to do so.

At least now I know that nothing will be done about it and stop hoping for a fix.

On the bright side... it used to keep me from impulse purchases as long as I still bought LTOs, so it was not all bad.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem and then some. I use the Amazon kindle, Amazon app, Amazon coins. Since the forced upgrade i cant use it to play at all. I get that same exact error msg that wont go away, or just crashes repeatedly. I gave up. Pitty i cant spend my coins until fixed. ??? The CS rep was kind but had no estimate for a fix.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    I am having the same problem and then some. I use the Amazon kindle, Amazon app, Amazon coins. Since the forced upgrade i cant use it to play at all. I get that same exact error msg that wont go away, or just crashes repeatedly. I gave up. Pitty i cant spend my coins until fixed. ??? The CS rep was kind but had no estimate for a fix.

Thank you for those details!
  • Since this update I'm not seeing any words as I type in the App. The cursor moves but it shows a blank screen. If I press enter, the invisible words I typed will appear in chat or will activate the search function. I am on a Kindle Fire HD 10 (7th Gen) running Fire OS 5.6.8.0 and using the Kindle's English (US) keyboard.
  • I have the same problem since this new update. Running Fire OS 5.6.8.0. I use a Amazon kindle fire HDX gen 4. I also use my phone at lunch time to do some dailies. It got the update last week. Same problem, sent in a ticket and in so many words was told it was my problem. My phone is a moto droid. I hope this problem gets fixed.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I just did a test buy with amazon Coins (not that i needed any credits,
    but 1$ doesn t bother me) on my amazon FireHD8(OS Version 7.3.1.8).

No issues here, except that after the buy went through, the „Hailing Starfleet“
    sits/freezes there for like 30-40 seconds, but thats how it was even before the 8.0 game update. Not sure when it started to take that long though.
    There was a time when it only was like 5-10 seconds.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Tic Tocs wrote: »
    Since this update I'm not seeing any words as I type in the App. The cursor moves but it shows a blank screen. If I press enter, the invisible words I typed will appear in chat or will activate the search function. I am on a Kindle Fire HD 10 (7th Gen) running Fire OS 5.6.8.0 and using the Kindle's English (US) keyboard.

I am also getting invisible text in search bars.

Additionally, the game crashes whenever I retrieve a crew using the new Polestars feature thing. I still get the crew, it's there when I restart, but I don't get to watch the animation.

I have an identical device as Tic Tocs: Fire HD 10 (7th), Fire OS 5.6.8.0, Kindle english keyboard.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the invisible text issue we are aware that this occurs on some devices and we are looking into it.