Home The Bridge
Options

Double charged me again eh DB? Didn't think I'd catch it?

RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
Once again I have been double charged for a purchase that I made In this game. Again! This is the fifth time out of 13 purchases!!!! If this is how you plan to do business I will have no part of it.

<snip>

Once again I'll contact iTunes and request my money back that you've taken from me. <snip> Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
239 Immortalized
Gametag: ECH

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you feel better after that rant, but I'm not sure what you thought such a post would accomplish, other than showing everybody how angry you are... and maybe getting some sympathy...?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I hope you feel better after that rant, but I'm not sure what you thought such a post would accomplish, other than showing everybody how angry you are... and maybe getting some sympathy...?

I drew on it his desire to discourage others from purchasing as a cautionary tale, as that is usually what shows up in these threads later on by their OPs.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I just want to make sure nobody else is getting screwed. Making people aware this stuff happens. You VIP 14 guys have probably been screwed over out of hundreds of dollars.

(If you want to see a rant, you should see the draft version of this thread. That's a rant, this is nothing)
    239 Immortalized
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to make sure nobody else is getting screwed. Making people aware this stuff happens. You VIP 14 guys have probably been screwed over out of hundreds of dollars.

Did you get two receipts as well, or just two charges on your account?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Did you get two receipts as well, or just two charges on your account?
    Two charges to my account for the 10 for 10 offer. Charged 20$ and only got one 10$ Package. And of course whatever taxes were involved.
    239 Immortalized
  • Options
    Exactly why I only use Google play cards.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do a periodic reconciliation with my reciepts with my accounts, and I guess I've been very fortunate as I've not caught any double billing yet.
  • Options

(If you want to see a rant, you should see the draft version of this thread. That's a rant, this is nothing)
    VIP 14...never got double charged! But i play on android so maybe it has something to do with apple.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a few double charges on offers in the past usually CS respond swiftly on these.

Make sure you add to the subject line offer charged twice it will be rectified swiftly
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Once again I have been double charged for a purchase that I made In this game. Again! This is the fifth time out of 13 purchases!!!! If this is how you plan to do business I will have no part of it.

<snip>

Once again I'll contact iTunes and request my money back that you've taken from me. <snip> Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

First off please refer to the Community Guidelines before posting, thanks.

As for the issue at hand, we are not in the habit of double charging for purchases, and should an error occur, PS can and will help.

You are playing on iOS which means the issue may be with how iTunes send their invoices.
    I am quoting the relevant help article:
    When you receive an invoice from Apple App Store, please note that:

- the date that is listed as the date of the purchase is actually the date on which the invoice was sent.

This means the invoice could relate to a purchase made quite a few days prior to date displayed.

- when the invoice shows multiple purchases with the same date, it is often due to different purchases grouped into one invoice.

This means that the purchases listed could have been made on different days, sometimes even on a different week.

To have an accurate overview of the purchases you have made via iOS, the best thing to do is to verify your purchase history via:

* iTunes (requires a computer with iTunes installed)

* the following link: https://reportaproblem.apple.com/mx (this link opened on a computer will give you the added benefit of seeing the date for each purchase.

• Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding iOS invoices attach them to your email or screen shot them if you use the Apple support app using live chat as an option to talk to an agent. Once they find the issue at hand it will take approx 10 days for the refund to appear.

This is an IOS issue and nothing to do with Disruptor Beam. The rare times this has happened to me CS we're very helpful and helped me step by step.

You can always ask CS if they'd give you the value in Dilithium rather than wait for a 10 day refund from Apple if you plan on making purchases within those ten days in game.
  • Options
    Quickly? What is that? 3 weeks?
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    IcebergDX wrote: »
    Quickly? What is that? 3 weeks?

12-24hrs because I had Double charged as topic header on the ticket. Monetary issues are resolved faster than bug reporting
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Must be an invoicing issue with apple. Apologies for questioning a system and a team that has performed without problems since the dawn of it's existence. Your performance over the last year has been nothing short of exemplary. Well done!

Heavy sarcasm there.

239 Immortalized
  • Options
    iTunes sends out an "invoice" immedtialy and then one at the end of the week. They have done this for years. I am willing to bet that is what happened. I too have thought I was double charged in this game and other games and when I looked at my CC I was not. Just two invoices.
  • Options
    I've checked. It's not an invoicing/timing issue. I was double charged. Which wouldn't piss me off if I had received what I paid for. But I didn't. DB gets paid twice, and i get screwed if I'm not paying attention. Hiding behind Itunes problems doesn't put you in the right. If you got paid twice and only delivered once, I should at the very least get a message stating that you have received payment twice. And it asking for how I would like to proceed.

Seeing my credit card bill come in with a 20+$ charge on it when I only meant to spend 10 is deeply annoying. Especially since my money is basically buying a few lines of code to which has no real value attached to it.

Itunes has already refunded me. But I shouldn't have to go through this song and dance half the time that I make a purchase in this game.

239 Immortalized
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked. It's not an invoicing/timing issue. I was double charged. Which wouldn't piss me off if I had received what I paid for. But I didn't. DB gets paid twice, and i get screwed if I'm not paying attention. Hiding behind Itunes problems doesn't put you in the right. If you got paid twice and only delivered once, I should at the very least get a message stating that you have received payment twice. And it asking for how I would like to proceed.

Seeing my credit card bill come in with a 20+$ charge on it when I only meant to spend 10 is deeply annoying. Especially since my money is basically buying a few lines of code to which has no real value attached to it.

Itunes has already refunded me. But I shouldn't have to go through this song and dance half the time that I make a purchase in this game.

On our end there is no trace of a double charge being applied, and us being paid twice.
    We would gladly investigate this further for you, but we would need a copy of the receipts.
  • Options

It sounds like that's issue with the app store. It happened to me once where I didn't get the packs, and around that time there was tribble with app store. DB CS asked me to check with apple CS next day, and Apple CS suggested to log out and back in.... my itunes credit reappeared.
  • Options
    DB would never cheat its customers. Never...
  • Options
    I stick with Google Play cards as well. Inconvenient at times, but it prevents a lot of potential problems.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    IcebergDX wrote: »
    DB would never cheat its customers. Never...
    It would be terrible business to do so. DB would lose money if they did this so they dont. I use pre-paid cards on my itunes account. When I make a purchase apple always asks me to confirm the amount. Did yours say $10 or $20?
    Let’s fly!