Home The Bridge

Is .99 too cheap for 500k federation credits?

Just curious, this new offer seems like a real bargain. I was wondering if wrg/tp should consider increasing the price to reduce the risk of hoarding.

Is .99 too cheap for 500k federation credits? 57 votes

Yes, raise the price
1%
guest_688142280495107 1 vote
No, keep the price the same
14%
Zombie Squirrel [QH] OxmyxOdo MarmarosaDScottHewittEnderW(A) Traveling Man{PTC} KennyIceCat 8 votes
Why are they trying to sell me federation credits?
84%
JeanLucKirkAviTrekAmphistaffCaptain_Who[KM]VidemSabine of Athensdext74barrydancer12345678 of 123456789Jean-Luc Kenobi[S47] ELiL(HGH)ApollocmdrworfTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Blast HardcheeseWebberonirobownageMirror CartmanDavideBooksUebermind 48 votes

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the cynicism. P
    I partly agree.
    But my question is why would I want more credits? I know they are tight for some, but unless you replicate items like a mad man, or unless you are powering through leveling lots of crew at once, credits are easy to acquire.
  • I think that it's a nice option to have a 99 cent sale.
    Personally, I didn't take enough advantage of the dabo sale, as I still have over 175 million credits. I'm not hoarding them, I just can't seem to spend them down. As a result, I will probably not take advantage of this.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I see the cynicism. P
    I partly agree.
    But my question is why would I want more credits? I know they are tight for some, but unless you replicate items like a mad man, or unless you are powering through leveling lots of crew at once, credits are easy to acquire.

As a relatively new player, I've found credits tight following the Dabo Sale. The offer was a help to me, but I think I'll only need today's as I'll get credits from the Skirmish and Cadet Credits over the weekend. I'd understand why it isn't much use to older players though.
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we know why they made us spend millions of credits on Dabo....

Because they love us!!!
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new feature does use credits, but since it rolls out after this sale ends you won’t know whether you need to stock up or not.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before WRG/TP takes the OP serious, and it goes up to $9.99/5000 tomorrow......

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what my LTV is now.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I’m watching the stream. The new feature uses credits (in addition to new currencies). The credit cost is extreme. Raises my hand as someone who fell for Dabo credit sale and is now wish I had saved them for this feature
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m watching the stream. The new feature uses credits (in addition to new currencies). The credit cost is extreme. Raises my hand as someone who fell for Dabo credit sale and is now wish I had saved them for this feature

I can't watch the stream. Define extreme, please. I'm curious.
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m watching the stream. The new feature uses credits (in addition to new currencies). The credit cost is extreme. Raises my hand as someone who fell for Dabo credit sale and is now wish I had saved them for this feature

5 million credits, plus other currencies for a legendary crew
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    You will need up to 5 Mil Credits to "retrieve" (buy) a 5* crew.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

$5M max for getting a specific 5* crew; cost goes down as the pool size of potential cards goes up. Cost also goes down as rarity goes down.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I will chuckle if the recent dabo 'sale' was actually a way to drain credits from hoarding players, in advance of launching a new feature that requires credits (directly or indirectly by using credits to buy a new feature-specific currency). Wow, TP has really made me cynical since taking over the game...

If so, it was only marginally successful.

fvxy4dfn5fpc.jpg

:p
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

And here I was thinking they were just throwing us a bone.

To be honest, I'd rather they just let you spend credits on Dabo at least you'll know what you're getting. Crew retrieval sounds like you still need a bit of RNG on your side. I'd rather over pay on the dabo side and know exactly who I'm getting.

When the Devs tell you there is no need to "hoard" resources, then keep dropping stuff that uses those resources, it one of leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Especially when they overhype a new feature, that is on a tangent from what people have been actually asking for......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Why are they trying to sell me federation credits?

And here I was thinking they were just throwing us a bone.

To be honest, I'd rather they just let you spend credits on Dabo at least you'll know what you're getting. Crew retrieval sounds like you still need a bit of RNG on your side. I'd rather over pay on the dabo side and know exactly who I'm getting.

When the Devs tell you there is no need to "hoard" resources, then keep dropping stuff that uses those resources, it one of leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Especially when they overhype a new feature, that is on a tangent from what people have been actually asking for......

This is how I feel too 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!