Home The Bridge

Workaround for getting stuck in Event Hub (Steam version & iOS)

MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
I have found that suddenly, getting into the event hub is easy, but getting out is NOT. The X to exit the hub does not work. Also, if you access a previously concluded event, That X to exit does not work either.

However, if you access the hub, you can THEN access a previously concluded event, and then use the back arrow to escape back to the main screen. This bug appears to be for the Steam version only - the Android version does not have this problem.

EDIT - added iOS to title

Comments

• Same issue on iOS!
  • Same issues on iOS, but the above workaround also works for me. Hopefully this will get fixed before tomorrow’s event starts.
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovinox wrote: »
    Same issue on iOS!

Confirmed, i have this issue as well.
  • Yup. Same issue. iOS.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greatly appreciate all the folks that identify these issues. :) Hopefully they will be solved by the time the rest of us are forced to upgrade on Feb 8. (I would have upgraded yesterday on Feb 3 to get used to the changes before the event, but I won’t willingly subject myself to a glitched UI unless I have no choice.)
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    Win store got that issue
    Steam got the issue
    Phone(Android) Doent have the issue
    Greatly appreciate all the folks that identify these issues. :) Hopefully they will be solved by the time the rest of us are forced to upgrade on Feb 8. (I would have upgraded yesterday on Feb 3 to get used to the changes before the event, but I won’t willingly subject myself to a glitched UI unless I have no choice.)

Agreed. Its pretty awesome to have a community identify solutions for FREE so that the people who are PAID to develop content are not bothered by people who are irritated with the total lack of quality control.
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yep. Having that same problem on iOS. Thankfully the workaround works.

Also ... just as an FYI, I hate the Manifest menu. Prefer it the way it was.

Sovinox wrote: »
    Same issue on iOS!

Agreed. Its pretty awesome to have a community identify solutions for FREE so that the people who are PAID to develop content are not bothered by people who are irritated with the total lack of quality control.

You seem very bitter. Maybe a sabbatical is in order.

Then go ahead? No one is stopping you from leaving...
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kindle force updated today and the hub sticks.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

This is a good point. Your tone still seems bitter, though.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Don’t misunderstand me. I have been bitter here before and probably will be again, someday. You seem to have deliberately obscured my point, though:

Choice of words matters. Choose wisely. I try.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Don’t misunderstand me. I have been bitter here before and probably will be again, someday. You seem to have deliberately obscured my point, though:

Thanks pal.

I am going to work hard to be better at posting on internet forums.
  • Greatly appreciate all the folks that identify these issues. :) Hopefully they will be solved by the time the rest of us are forced to upgrade on Feb 8. (I would have upgraded yesterday on Feb 3 to get used to the changes before the event, but I won’t willingly subject myself to a glitched UI unless I have no choice.)

Thanks pal.

I try to not mean offense but judging by you bringing back old threads unnecessarily, i’d say try harder 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Thanks pal.

I try to not mean offense but judging by you bringing back old threads unnecessarily, i’d say try harder 🖖

Ok, will do!
  • Greatly appreciate all the folks that identify these issues. :) Hopefully they will be solved by the time the rest of us are forced to upgrade on Feb 8. (I would have upgraded yesterday on Feb 3 to get used to the changes before the event, but I won’t willingly subject myself to a glitched UI unless I have no choice.)

Thanks pal.

Ok, will do!

Thank you, LLAP 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!