Home The Bridge

Is it time to bring up the "bad word" filter again?

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
I think it is. Given I can't use the word "relationship" in my squad name for this upcoming mega. It's a very topical word.

Why do I get the feeling it's pinging on the substring "relations"? Please tell me it isn't because that would be one of the more absurd and idiotic ones. The filter just needs removed entirely in my opinion.

EDIT "Marriage" is also blocked, so who knows. Maybe "relationship" really is too salacious for this game.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The filter cannot simply be removed.
    It is being tweaked from time to time as my bandwidth permits.

• Shan wrote: »

I feel like it's less of a "can't" and more of a "won't."

But the real issue is that this needs more than one person's attention. A lot of things are happening right now and this is an issue that needs inserted into the stack with those other QoL fixes.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

But the real issue is that this needs more than one person's attention. A lot of things are happening right now and this is an issue that needs inserted into the stack with those other QoL fixes.

otwl9ibpd5th.png

That picture is not the "one does not simply" gesture. (But I appreciate its humor here.)
    I suggest a caption with something like: "The Great @Shan is ever watchful."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

otwl9ibpd5th.png

That picture is not the "one does not simply" gesture. (But I appreciate its humor here.)
    I suggest a caption with something like: "The Great @Shan is ever watchful."

That is the image that everyone uses, though. Maybe people couldn't originally get a good screencap of the right gesture? It's the "Play it again, Sam" of LOTR.....

🖖🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    It is being tweaked from time to time as my bandwidth permits.

Inappropriate comment removed. ~Shan

Understood. I will adjust accordingly.

P.S.: I am stretched enough. Just, please, stop with the new stuff if it’s only going to add drama. I could watch movies for that & be happy.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a LOT of weird things about the game. That Crew, Ships, and Events aren't regularly added to the exception category is one of them. I keep getting an add for Chase Bank in Spanish, like three times a day. Had it in English once. Have gotten others in Spanish.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • There are a LOT of weird things about the game. That Crew, Ships, and Events aren't regularly added to the exception category is one of them. I keep getting an add for Chase Bank in Spanish, like three times a day. Had it in English once. Have gotten others in Spanish.

Well that puts my mind at ease that the ad software was spying on me and knew I spoke Spanish. It seems to be giving lots of people the Chase adverts en Espanol.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • edited February 2021
    Chat needs a major revamp. period.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a LOT of weird things about the game. That Crew, Ships, and Events aren't regularly added to the exception category is one of them. I keep getting an add for Chase Bank in Spanish, like three times a day. Had it in English once. Have gotten others in Spanish.

Well that puts my mind at ease that the ad software was spying on me and knew I spoke Spanish. It seems to be giving lots of people the Chase adverts en Espanol.

So do I, but I use German more often and my Latin is better. Plus, the nearest Chase Bank is 42 miles away and in the next state. I'll take my Napoleon State with seven branches that I know the locations of all of.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting an add for Chase Bank in Spanish, like three times a day. Had it in English once. Have gotten others in Spanish.

I'd prefer ads in Spanish to the dozen scammy Evony ads I get per day!
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

I went through a phase where I was getting ads in Russian. At least I assume it was Russian, it was as certainly cyrillic. And no, I'm not Russian and I barely know half a dozen words of the language.