Home The Bridge

Interstellar Matter fleet reward backwards?

Shouldn't fleets with more active captains get more ISM?

gcvogqs8m3nu.jpg
[DCC] bebe
Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!

Comments

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    so, what if you don't have 20 people?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

Join a larger, more active fleet? Or try to recruit more people? Same as if you want the other rewards, I would guess.
  • robownage wrote: »
    I believe you get 400 ISM when the first 20 have completed it, another 300 when 30 have, and another 200 when 40/50 complete their dailies, for a total of 900 ISM per day possible. But I agree it's a bit poorly worded, it took me a few moments to get there.

Yup, poorly worded for sure.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • It says „thresholds“ and all Daily Fleet targets contain of 3 single goals,
    that sum up. How much clear can it be?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I am going to try to keep playing. But if this ends up being to big advantage for fleets. I will just keep playing but stop spending money on the game.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    I believe you get 400 ISM when the first 20 have completed it, another 300 when 30 have, and another 200 when 40/50 complete their dailies, for a total of 900 ISM per day possible. But I agree it's a bit poorly worded, it took me a few moments to get there.

Yup, poorly worded for sure.

Oh, that'll be our fault. For not clearly understanding it was cumulative. They shouldn't have to make it clear.....

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I am going to try to keep playing. But if this ends up being to big advantage for fleets. I will just keep playing but stop spending money on the game.

When starbases debuted, with the proficiency bonuses, this came up. The fact is, some fleets are stronger than others. We moved on & play anyway.

Exactly.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I joined a relatively inactive Fleet when I started (around 20 members, with 10-15 inactive at any time). Now I'm still playing regularly (daily) assume I'll need to move fleets to take most advantage of this new currency?
  • Arnie wrote: »
    I joined a relatively inactive Fleet when I started (around 20 members, with 10-15 inactive at any time). Now I'm still playing regularly (daily) assume I'll need to move fleets to take most advantage of this new currency?

I'm the same, the Fleet I'm in is only around 15 active players. I wonder why the move to get people into larger fleets. It would also discourage anyone setting up a new fleet.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    If you’re enjoying your fleet arrangement now, then there is no reason to change. A smaller/less active fleet has been missing out on extra chronitons every day. Why would it matter if you also start missing out on some ISM too?

Well, can't speak for everyone, but I joined a casual fleet because I assumed at the start I might not be a regular player (think I only joined one for an achievement perhaps?) Over 6 months later, and I'm still logging in daily- the fleet starbase is around Level 30, and I figure there are maybe 5 of us contributing. Given I now have a better idea of my playing situation, it seems sensible to look for something more compatible- casual but active.

I don't mind missing out on a few chrons, as my limiting factor is crew at the minute. I get enough of them through voyages and cadet missions, it's not a huge difference to me. At the minute though, I have no idea how many ISM I can get through non-fleet means (unsure if this has been published) so missing out on 900 a day could have a large impact on my ability to strengthen my crew.
  • There are a lot of casual fleets that would clear at least the first and probably also the second ISM achievement. Some of them even have complete starbases.
    In our fleet we're discussing among admirals if we will be able to clear all achievements every day or if (and how often) we will miss out on the last one. And we're a pretty casual fleet.
    So for anyone who is a daily player it's definitely worth to try and find an active fleet.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks both- makes sense. Think the "is it worth moving?" Question isn't specific to this launch, but certainly makes it an appropriate time to reappraise, with the new resources being launched!
  • Space Monkeys, the fleet in which I reside, is also laid back and almost always meets all the current recommended daily requirements for getting a healthy supply of chronitons and HONOR. We are currently full, but have openings from time to time.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    We (galactic phoenicians) have plenty of seats and are very, very casual. Wait, wrong thread, my bad.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • V. wrote: »

Create 49 alts and play with reckless abandon...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • robownage wrote: »

Join a larger, more active fleet? Or try to recruit more people? Same as if you want the other rewards, I would guess.

Very much easier said than done. We have been recruiting in our fleet for well over a year, and still only have about 20 active players.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...