Home Engineering Room
Options

About the new fleet daily and fleet recruitment

DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Engineering Room
1jb12ylonseo.jpg

I just saw the requirements for the new daily and the 40 players required daily to complete it is going to be a problem for my fleet becauae of an issue we've had for close to a 1½ years now. We are unable to recruit new members.

Around late 2019 our fleet found that we were losing members and new ones weren't joining. We had recruitment set to open, we had level set to 40 and we'd never had this issue before. We were a consistant Top 100 fleet in the weekly rankings. If someone left, a new member would join within a day or so.

Then there was an update to the game sometime around September/October 2019, and since then our fleet has dwindled. We're down to 26 members and even with the officers recruiting, we can't increase our numbers. I dropped fleet a few months ago to see why no one was joining and for some reason, our fleet does not show up in the list of open fleets. Period. I had to manually type in the name to rejoin.

We haven't made the 50 chronoton daily in months because of whatever happened with the fleet list, and with the way things are now, I doubt we'll ever hit the 30 dailies set completed for ISM.

What do we do?

Edit: And yes, that's Colbert in the corner. I was multitasking. (-_ლ)

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a valid concern indeed. But it is not a bug?!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    No idea. I just know our fleet hasn't been full in over a year.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recruiting is getting tough. It has been for at least a year. Hopefully people search out active fleets for the next few weeks so we can get both of our fleets back to full strength. I wish you luck and I hope players can find your fleet.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Recruiting is getting tough. It has been for at least a year. Hopefully people search out active fleets for the next few weeks so we can get both of our fleets back to full strength. I wish you luck and I hope players can find your fleet.

I'm glad to hear its not just out fleet that's run into this. I wish I understood what happened.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    A large part is just players losing interest as the game ages. We can just hope that players return from time to time, or the game gets a little more appeal to new players as seasons of the new series may draw them in.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    As a new player, I was a little overwhelmed at the start how hard is was to get new crew. So I am looking forward to this new feature :smile:
  • Options

I agree 100%

The main problem is the Suggested Players interface. It only shows 20 people (Sometimes the SAME 20 people all day) and half of the player names are "Captain"

There needs to be a much larger pool to look through, and it also needs a filter so we could filter by level/event rank/name. If I could filter out "Captain" alone it would make it 100 times easier to find new recruits.

The Suggested Fleets interface also needs filters so players can find a fleet that fits their needs a lot easier. Star Base level/event rank/number of members.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Agreed on many counts except 2.
    My fleet consistently ranks under 60 and if i lose 1 player over time i would have 5 join requests to replace 1 person within 6 hours. Some months back this was not happening. I too jumped out to see what was going on. I sent a ticket to CS who said basically they had no answer but would check in to why my fleet was no longer in the optional fleet list and get back to me. They never have. Clearly if they gave no answer and were “going to find out why” it must be a glitch or bug or something????

I also see the same names repeatedly in the recruit board for days and days on end. The system has something malfunctioning.

Agreed recruiting has become much harder partly due to malfunctioning board, but also due to large alliance fleets who continue to re-arrange and fleet hop there members. Most of the ppl in the board at any given time are just hoping between their fleets. I see the same players in the board, then in an alliance fleet. Then back in the board and then a different fleet of the same alliance.
    They dominate the board by hoping around, then when not hoping they grab all the players who legitimately are not in a fleet because they know when they are, or are not filling the board.
    Im sorry if this sounds odd or skeptical but ive been watching it for months. Tracking the suggested players to see where they go. I wont use names here so as to not break any rules. However we have seen before the problems that arise from admirals who are power hungry gamers, not trek minded folks.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me a minute then realized who it was.
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    e65n7tvs3iv3.jpg

Welp! End of the first day and didnt even hit the FIRST daily for ISM. And this is directly related to the recruitment issue. We got 16/26 people to finish before reset on a weekday. Our fleet will likely have to accept only receiving 100 ISM a day since we haven't been able to recruit members for over a year now. V_V

Edit: Make that 16/25. Seems we lost another fleet member. I'm guessing they jumped ship for a new fleet that can get them full chrons and ISM daily.

Edit2: And missing yesterday's missions means our fleet members can't use the constellation we received today. Probably won't be able to use it until the end of the week. 😭

Edit3: AND I just realized we won't be able to claim these three temporary achievements:

<b>Milestones: 3 - retrieve one crew for each milestone

Rewards:
    Milestone 1: 1,000 ISM
    Milestone 2: 1x skill Constellation
    Milestone 3: 1x skill Constellation</b>

because we won't be able to collect 3,000 ISM before February 25th to use on Constellations since we can only get the daily 100 from the reset. We'll be lucky to reach two. 😭😭😭
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I'd sort of understand if it was an attempt to move active players into active fleets, but this seems far too draconian- really should be getting half the ISM individually then the other half through fleets, maybe starting with 10 completed dailies (10/25/40 maybe).

If you want to make the new feature grab people, you need to help them use it!
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should submit a ticket but probably will need to blow up the fleet and recreate it. It sounds mega bugged that it's not showing up on the fleet list.
  • Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    You should submit a ticket but probably will need to blow up the fleet and recreate it. It sounds mega bugged that it's not showing up on the fleet list.

We're a level 134 fleet. If we blow it up, we lose everything. All the fleet upgrades and bonuses it took us months to complete. Its why I made this post in hopes support can help us solve this.
  • Options
    Yes, very much a concern all around. We have maybe 12 or so active players in our fleet. We have been trying to recruit for over 2 years with almost no results. We get maybe one player wondering in every 3-6 months.

Currently, there is no way we can even hit the 400 ISM mark, which is a severe disadvantage against the more active fleets.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Another member left my fleet. Looks like we're done. So much for all the good years...
  • Options
    I think the issue is the chat, with lockdowns etc... due to the pandemic, people want a game with easy social interaction, I’m struggling to recruit for my fleet too, players are just leaving the game.