Home Ready Room
Options

Ads for scans

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone knows the cooldown for scan ads?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly it is 20 minutes.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that the ad option goes away if you do not use it immediately. I just scanned after 3 hours and got the ad option. I thought I would test it but wanted to send my shuttles first. When I returned to the main screen the ad option was gone. This is silly.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Anyone knows the cooldown for scan ads?
    If I remember correctly it is 20 minutes.

xl4peo0u7g9l.png

Courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose (retired) via STT Discord.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm if this is true then there indeed is a bug. I have not seen an ad option for 3 hours after my first two scans where I did not make use of it, and I did not watch an ad at all today so far. Other ads like for missions are available though.

I made a post in Engineering.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your answers guys!

The missing link in my brain was the fact that only a regular scan triggers the ad option. I never realized that as I never paid attention to it, and the bug with ads being unavailable every now and then did not help to find a pattern.

Anyway, for the new feature the way it works is bad news to me.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ad-scan will stay available unless you go into your shuttle missions and start returning or sending out shuttles. It's a bit of a glitch, or a design decision; hard to tell which with this. If you don't start up shuttle missions, the ad-scan will stay there until the scan recharges. I can't remember if it goes away if you go into the crew screen or your voyage.

And to confirm, yes, the recharge for ad-scans is 20mins, since the charge time for scans is 3hrs already.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    The ad-scan will stay available unless you go into your shuttle missions and start returning or sending out shuttles. It's a bit of a glitch, or a design decision; hard to tell which with this. If you don't start up shuttle missions, the ad-scan will stay there until the scan recharges. I can't remember if it goes away if you go into the crew screen or your voyage.

And to confirm, yes, the recharge for ad-scans is 20mins, since the charge time for scans is 3hrs already.

Shan confirmed it is working as intended in Engineering. To me the intention seems to be a bit weird though.

But it is ok as long as we know how it works. I really had no idea.