Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad option for scans working as intended?

In preparation of phase 2 of Crew Retrieval I was wondering how long the ad cooldown for scans was. So I wanted to test it.

But then I just realized that the ad option goes away if you do not use it immediately. I just scanned after 3 hours and got the ad option. I thought I would test it but wanted to send my shuttles first. When I returned to the main screen the ad option was gone.

Is this intended? To me it seems strange.
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    In preparation of phase 2 of Crew Retrieval I was wondering how long the ad cooldown for scans was. So I wanted to test it.

But then I just realized that the ad option goes away if you do not use it immediately. I just scanned after 3 hours and got the ad option. I thought I would test it but wanted to send my shuttles first. When I returned to the main screen the ad option was gone.

Is this intended? To me it seems strange.

Yes, this is how it has always worked.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response, Shan!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Sorry, another question. In the ready room I was told that the cooldown is the universal one, so 20 minutes.

I gave that a try. I scanned, I watched an ad for another scan and then I waited for 20 minutes. Ads are back but not for scanning.

What is the actual scan ad cooldown? Only after a regular scan, so 3 hours? What will that mean for phase 2 when there is no scan cooldown any more?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, another question. In the ready room I was told that the cooldown is the universal one, so 20 minutes.

I gave that a try. I scanned, I watched an ad for another scan and then I waited for 20 minutes. Ads are back but not for scanning.

What is the actual scan ad cooldown? Only after a regular scan, so 3 hours? What will that mean for phase 2 when there is no scan cooldown any more?

Not judging, just trying to figure how you are testing this...
    Did you pay dilithium for the next scan at 20 minutes?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Not judging, just trying to figure how you are testing this...
    Did you pay dilithium for the next scan at 20 minutes?

No, I did not. In the ready room it was stated that the cooldown was the universal one, so 20 minutes.

Thanks @Prime Lorca [10FH], now I get it, you could only go like

1. Free.
    2. Ad, then wait 20 minutes
    3. 200 (?) 100 ISM
    4. Ad
    5. Too much ISM to realistically do that :( (edit: 300 ISM)

And that was that for the day.

With no 3 hour cooldown for a free spin this is not so great.

/edit: Rewatched the Timelines stream and corrected the ISM cost of the 3rd scan.
  • Options
    FWIW, I’m not getting any option to scan for watching an ad. This is both before and after spending 100 ISM.
  • Options
    FWIW, I’m not getting any option to scan for watching an ad. This is both before and after spending 100 ISM.

Have u restarted the app before the Scan?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I did not. I’ll try that. Thank you!

Update: I restarted the game and only get 1 free scan. I must use ISM for every subsequent scan.