Home The Bridge

Am I the only one in the dark about how the new features will work?

I need someone to dumb it down for me, lol.

Comments

• Maybe they could put together a video, like they did for skirmishes when they were introduced...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted this in the CR thread: Timelines Talk tweeted out a good visual for understanding the whole process.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • what is an ISM ?
  • what is an ISM ?

one of the two new currencies 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Inter stellar medium
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could put together a video, like they did for skirmishes when they were introduced...

You can watch the Timelines Talks episode where Ben from WRG actually showed the feature and answered a lot of questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUuOxlBhQQ
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Posted this in the CR thread: Timelines Talk tweeted out a good visual for understanding the whole process.

Also the video from the stream gives a good look at it too - the demo starts at about 40mins in.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    U get ism by doing your daily missions and your fleet mates doing them too. U use ism to scan for constellations. Constellations give you polestars. Polestars are for traits and rarity that you can then scan for crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

This graphic says Scan chance resets to 0%. I thought it reset to 1% in the demo. Did I not see that right?
  • Hey, are polestars used up after retrieval? Or do you keep an expanding library of them?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

This graphic says Scan chance resets to 0%. I thought it reset to 1% in the demo. Did I not see that right?

You're right, it should be 1%. Unfortunately, I didn't make the image; just using it for explanation.
    Hey, are polestars used up after retrieval? Or do you keep an expanding library of them?

The polestars will definitely be used up.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I’m missing... how are people doing their “ven diagram” evaluations to determine how to mix and match polestar options for crew? As best I can tell, the crew/vault search field does not allow functionality for multiple elements (commas, pluses, and/or, etc). I can obviously look up crew A, but how can I (easily) determine how many other crew share more than one polestar with crew A?
  • So I got a polestar, but can’t find any place to use it. 😤

I don’t think the use of them is enabled yet, so I think we are going to have to wait for that.

I don’t think the use of them is enabled yet, so I think we are going to have to wait for that.

Ok... I was about to blow a fuse. 😂
  • One thing I’m missing... how are people doing their “ven diagram” evaluations to determine how to mix and match polestar options for crew?

Captain Idol made a spreadsheet that does exactly this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mm6oSxRN76KeDKck3upq--35y_VqKCDuS2-FrsDe6PM/

(Here's hoping the forum lets me post links.)
  • Ok i got a polestar? I guess? How do I use it? I can’t find the crew retrieval screen and don’t know what to do. I hope I didn’t just waste 1000 of whatever that new currency is
  • It wasn't all supposed to be out, yet. There's still a phase 3. There is a tutorial in phase 3. It's one of those things that's very wordy to explain and sounds complicated, but is actually incredibly simple once you get your hands on it.

tl;dr: Don't worry about it until Phase 3 goes live for real. Just keep scanning until then.
  • Inspector34 Inspector34 ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I got a 1701 Sisko constellation, which I was really happy about because I only need one more star to max him. But then I spent 1000 thingys to ‘discover’ it and now I have an Undercover Operative polestar with no mention of Sisko. What just happened? Did I mess it up?
  • I got a 1701 Sisko constellation, which I was really happy about because I only need one more star to max him. But then I spent 1000 thingys to ‘discover’ it and now I have an Undercover Operative polestar with no mention of Sisko. What just happened? Did I mess it up?

Each constellation has a number of possibilities based on the character's traits. They are listed underneath in tiny font. So the character's name is only a tease. You can get other similar characters depending on what trait you get. The possible traits are what we really need to consider rarher than the character.

I got a Degra constellation. I hope I get the Xindi trait from it so I can get the Insectoid.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Thank you! I was worried that I’d opened it too early.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I'm struggling to get is how they decide on the credit cost. Will it be based on the person you get, or on the average that you could get?
  • Arnie wrote: »
    The one thing I'm struggling to get is how they decide on the credit cost. Will it be based on the person you get, or on the average that you could get?

I thinks it's based on number of polestars + number of possible crew + crew rarity. Or maybe just number of possible crew + crew rarity. One specific legendary will have the highest cost.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

I thinks it's based on number of polestars + number of possible crew + crew rarity. Or maybe just number of possible crew + crew rarity. One specific legendary will have the highest cost.

Unless you can lock it down without a Legendary Rarity Polestar. If I understand the concept. Like if three Traits would give one specific Legendary? Of course, I don't know if anyone would meet that. Bajoran Mirror KCA work for SuperNintendo Kira? Anyone else have those three Traits together?!?!?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Arnie wrote: »

Unless you can lock it down without a Legendary Rarity Polestar. If I understand the concept. Like if three Traits would give one specific Legendary? Of course, I don't know if anyone would meet that. Bajoran Mirror KCA work for SuperNintendo Kira? Anyone else have those three Traits together?!?!?

Yes, there are some options for that, but it would still have the highest cost, because there is only one crew option and that crew is a legendary.