Home The Bridge

Starbase - Long Distance Scanners

Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
I’d like to make a suggestion to add a room to the Starbase to help soften the reset of the Scanner upon finding a constellation. Maybe 5/10/15/20/25% as the “boosted” starting point based on room level, making the new feature a little more accessible in a few months, with less downtime spent building up the bad luck protection between finds. It only carves a few days off, but it would be a nice addition and we haven’t had a new room added in a long time.

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I like the idea of using a starbase to help increase scan success rates, or even slightly increase the refill rate for quantum (almost 19 days to refill 900 quantum). However, given how many people are upset at the demands this new feature already places on fleets, I'm not sure how well received this suggestion may be.

On the flip side, this idea would help offset the blow to fleets with few, but dedicated, players, when you think about it. My fleet is at 46/50, but really only about twelve really play daily. We have some on the roster that haven't been online this YEAR. We officers are in the midst of cleanup, but, right now, we won't make even the 20. We are very good about knocking out modules, one a week or so, and all are lvl7 + now. We could make our scans count and increase our refill rate using alternative means, if we got modules for it.
    What to call them? Sensor Buoys for the scan boosts and Bussard Collectors for the Quantum?
    If anyone is looking for a growing fleet of casual, but daily players, willing to share ideas and offer advice, Starfleet Troopers (Admiral Tazimus) has a few open slots and likely more in the next week. One player has checked in. His kid is autistic and was in the hospital, so he let us know. The rest are AWOL.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Honestly, I stopped coming to the forums regularly in the late Spring because very little is well received and I found them incredibly toxic, negative and combative. This idea came to mind though exploring the new feature, and uses existing in-game features so I decided to post and let the universe have at it. I’m sure plenty of folks will be ready to explain exactly how it will never work in staggering detail, but hey, I tried :smile:

I like your idea. No reason it wouldn't work, that I can think of. I'd even say it would be great if each Level upped the base odds, and also gave some Quanta, as a competition reward.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    I love this idea. It seems like a logical iteration for the new system when more data are available for usage of Crew Retrieval. It might even already be one of the ideas for future development that have been hinted at in some of the announcements; if not, it should be!
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Honestly, I stopped coming to the forums regularly in the late Spring because very little is well received and I found them incredibly toxic, negative and combative. This idea came to mind though exploring the new feature, and uses existing in-game features so I decided to post and let the universe have at it. I’m sure plenty of folks will be ready to explain exactly how it will never work in staggering detail, but hey, I tried :smile:

Yes, this forum can be negative, as it is a place that people vent.
    On the other hand, it can also be a place for ideas to be shared. And I think yours is a good one.
    Thank you!