Home Engineering Room

Wrong crew retrieved!

Wild StarWild Star ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Engineering Room
So I attempted to retrieve my 1st crew this evening.

I had Captain Braxton all queued up in the little box at the top right. Hit the "retrieve" button.

Received Amanda Rogers instead.

Put in ticket.

This is ridiculous, unless Amanda, using her Q powers, has decided to be Captain Braxton for the day.

Comments

• That’s nothing. I bought the q as god daily special. It took my money but I got nothing in return.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Star wrote: »

I had Captain Braxton all queued up in the little box at the top right. Hit the "retrieve" button.

Put in ticket.

This is ridiculous, unless Amanda, using her Q powers, has decided to be Captain Braxton for the day.

That is not a bug but a misunderstanding of how the feature works.

When in Crew Retrieval Panel you can indeed select a specific crew to see what Polestars you would need to attempt to retrieve that crew.

When you select Polestar(s), you are being shown the amount of crew who could be retrieved with that selection. Unless the pool shown displays only one crew, which would be rare, choosing to retrieve will grant you a random crew from the crew selection that is being displayed.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadMystX wrote: »
    That’s nothing. I bought the q as god daily special. It took my money but I got nothing in return.

While I am sorry this happened, this is not on topic for this discussion.
    I hope you have contacted support as we will make sure to sort this out for you, if you have not already done so, providing a screenshot of your purchase history showing that specific purchase, will speed the process up. Thank you!
  • Thanks for the explanation of how this works. It **tsk tsk**, but I guess that’s the way they designed it. I have the additional problem of whenever I retrieve a crew member, the game crashes. When I get it back up I have a new crew member, but not the one I wanted so of course I thought this was a bug.

Still like the game though.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation of how this works. It **tsk tsk**, but I guess that’s the way they designed it. I have the additional problem of whenever I retrieve a crew member, the game crashes. When I get it back up I have a new crew member, but not the one I wanted so of course I thought this was a bug.

Still like the game though.

What device are you using?
  • Shan wrote: »

Put in ticket.

When in Crew Retrieval Panel you can indeed select a specific crew to see what Polestars you would need to attempt to retrieve that crew.

When you select Polestar(s), you are being shown the amount of crew who could be retrieved with that selection. Unless the pool shown displays only one crew, which would be rare, choosing to retrieve will grant you a random crew from the crew selection that is being displayed.

Thx for explaining that, but that doesn't solve my problem. I was obviously misinformed about the feature. I want the crew I thought I was getting, not some random crew. The purpose of the tool is so we can get crew we want. If you're basically saying "tough **tsk tsk**" then I'll just go ahead and stop playing now, because we both know that is total BS. Thanks.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Shan wrote: »

Put in ticket.

Thx for explaining that, but that doesn't solve my problem. I was obviously misinformed about the feature. I want the crew I thought I was getting, not some random crew. The purpose of the tool is so we can get crew we want. If you're basically saying "tough **tsk tsk**" then I'll just go ahead and stop playing now, because we both know that is total BS. Thanks.

I think you have a valid reason for contacting CS and getting things restored to what you had before the retrieval and removing the crew you did not want so you can try it again.

Edit: in the pic below I selected the polestars costumed and brutal, for an example
    enr3g5w9pecc.png

If I added the legendary pole star
    3v9169ecnp71.png

You want to try different combinations of the polestars that you have to see if you can get it down to one or a few that you want. You may have to wait until you acquire other polestars.

Keep in mind Quantum will limit how many times you can retrieve. You may only get one retrieval every two weeks because how long quantum takes to recharge.
  • I fell for the same trap, I don’t think it was clear how it worked, that you got a random selection.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Leperflesh wrote: »
    I believe the problem people are having is that you can click the search button and search for a specific crew, who will then appear on the left. BUT this is just the result of your search, and *not* the crew that you have filtered down to on the right by selecting Polestars. You will see "greyed out" other crew in the background behind the one you searched for, and those are also included in your Retrieve action.

The thing to do is tap the << area to the left of the crew search bar before you click Retrieve. You'll see every crew that is actually being selected from.

This is not super obvious if you're not familiar with the feature, and I think the UI design should change. It should not allow a user to click Retrieve while the results of a search are showing, since this misleading.

THIS! I almost fell for it myself.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • CS were great in undoing it for me. It doesn’t help that the screen doesn’t fit that well in the display of my iPhone XR.
  • When in Crew Retrieval Panel you can indeed select a specific crew to see what Polestars you would need to attempt to retrieve that crew.

so say using polestars Android, Costumed, Explorer and Legendary brings up Age of Sail Data only. This wouldn't not guarentee the selection?

rflograwls8c.png
  • Yes... only one selection...100 % guaranteed...
  • Yup. You can also tell by the cost: 5 Million = you've got a single five-star crew filtered and that's the crew you'll always get.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    @shan i for surely had a retrieve malfunction. I have multiple accts and have used what polestars i had avail to target down to a specific crew only 1 in the box. I have successfully completed this now 4 times. However on my 5th attempt I had only Da Vinci in the box alone. I recvd Cochran. Cochran is not a hologram and does not have medical. The CS rep seems to not be reading my ticket or understanding my meaning. # 577269
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it’s worth I love my Amanda Rogers. One of the few crew with Sci-Med-and Eng and when you build her there are lots of cute puppies.
    Let’s fly!
  • When in Crew Retrieval Panel you can indeed select a specific crew to see what Polestars you would need to attempt to retrieve that crew.

so say using polestars Android, Costumed, Explorer and Legendary brings up Age of Sail Data only. This wouldn't not guarentee the selection?

rflograwls8c.png

It would! 100% narrowed down.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•