Home Fleet Central
Options

I'm looking to join a fleet (1st time doing so, but I'm not a novice player). EDIT: Fleet Joined.

Capt. CrunchCapt. Crunch ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Fleet Central
EDIT: I have joined a fleet, but I'm leaving this thread in place on account I had some questions that were answered in the replies that might be beneficial for others who are joining fleets for the first time on account of recent in game incentives for doing so.

With the latest game update, I've decided to bite the proverbial bullet and join a fleet.

About myself:

• User name: Captain Crunch (I believe there's a user with similar handle who uses the chat fairly routinely, or at least there used to be. I'm not that person.)

• I've been an admiral in a fleet of one (Fleet Woodmac) since the fleet system initially was implemented. Though admittedly, it was only last year that I started to explore the Starbase leveling up aspect of game play.
• I'm a fairly routine player (i.e. I try to play most days of the week, but a few days out of the year I do like to go camping in the great outdoors where there's no wi-fi and/or cell phone service.)

• I don't tend to spend a whole lot of $$$ on the game, but I usually opt to get the monthly pass.
• I do try to complete all daily goals, and while sometimes life has other plans, more often than not I accomplish that task.
Current player level = 90
VIP level = 14
• Number of immortalized crew 496/999

What I'm looking for in a fleet.
• First and foremost - casual atmosphere. I'm not interested in a fleet that asks users to modify their user name with fleet identifiers. I'm not interested in Discord groups or other 3rd party venues. I just want to log in, play the game, and contribute to the greater good, and will do my best to do so on a regular basis.
• A high level Starbase (MAX preferred)

About myself:
• U.S. resident (West Coast)
• Politically, I'm fairly left leaning. While I generally don't invoke politics in my game play, I just want to be upfront as I tend to be more simpatico with similar-minded folks. So in the interest of transparency, I'm putting that out there.
• I'm a long-time Star Trek fan, with my initial exposure to the show being watching reruns of Star Trek TOS with my grandfather back when the show was in syndication. I'm probably an even bigger Doctor Who fan, but I digress.

Ahyhoo... I'm calling it a night, but I'll check back here tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Most fleets use discord or an alternative chat app. Particularly fleets who will be hitting their daily targets. Good luck 🖖🏻
  • Options
    You are welcome to join our fleet. We have 3 spots left. We complete our Regular fleet dailies, and yesterday we got to 31 people with their personal dailies completed.

More info about us here https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17604/mm-mystery-machine-is-looking-for-some-groovy-friends#latest
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are welcome to come to Holodeck Gone Haywire. I think anyone who has ever been in UC knows I am left in my politics though I leave all politics talk in UC and don’t bring it into fleet chat. Only thing I would ask is that you try to do your dailies so we can keep getting ism. I know stuff happens and you can’t always. Other than that you can play however you want. We are a laidback fleet. You don’t need to join discord or do events. Be as chatty or unchatty as you want in fleet. The other Captain Crunch was in fleet for a while then left, then came back, then left. That Captain Crunch may come back again. Happy to have another Captain Crunch.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Hello Captain Crunch, me and my hubby are building up a new fleet, or at least we try, we are from Germany but English is no problema😊
    If you would like to join: schwarzer Panther (means black panther, no political intention, just like the big cats)
  • Options
    We actually just filled up. But you seem like an active player so if you want in let me know, I may be able to find room.
  • Options
    KopaceticK[BART'S]KopaceticK[BART'S] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello captain crunch, we have room at Barts Mid Iowa Fleet. We have a fully maxed SB and only looking for players to hit their dailies most of the time. We have FB and discord, both are strictly voluntary.

We are casual, as long as you are fairly active you'll always have a place. Long term absence is ok.. vacations, work related, etc. as long as you let an officer know your situation. Fleet tag not required but we on occasion do fleetwide gauntlets so we tagged to avoid hitting each other. We have no real pol tilt but I get the impression most on the fleet are center-left, myself included. We have players from all over US, North America , and Europe. We've mostly 80-90 level but have a few newer players.

Hit me up in game kopacetick or here if you're interested, we would love to have you.

LLAP Cap KopaceticK
  • Options
    To all those who have extended invites, thank you.

I'm still in the examining my options and deciding process, but will likely be getting back to one or more of you who have extended invites sometime today. Some quick questions, as the joining someone else's fleet process is new territory for me.
    Am I correct in my assumption that I need to abandon the fleet I'm currently in?
    A friend of mine originally joined my fleet, but he hasn't played the game in years. Despite his inactivity, would it be beneficial for me to transfer admiral ownership to him before departing? I have leveled up my Starbase a few times and I figured should he ever wish to resume playing, he'd at least have that to return to, or are the few Starbase upgrades I've performed retained by me in some fashion when I depart? In which case, transferring ownership before departing might not be potentially beneficial to him. In other words, what happens to the Starbase upgrades I performed when I was essentially playing as a fleet of one when I abandon that fleet (assuming I need to do so, in order to join someone else's)?
  • Options
    -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Am I correct in my assumption that I need to abandon the fleet I'm currently in?

Answer: Yes

Despite his inactivity, would it be beneficial for me to transfer admiral ownership to him before departing?

Answer: Yes if you transfer Admiral to your friend it will remain with him until he gives it to someone else or disbands the fleet.

are the few Starbase upgrades I've performed retained by me in some fashion when I depart?

Answer: No you will get the bonuses of your new fleet, or no bonuses if you are not in a fleet.

what happens to the Starbase upgrades I performed when I was essentially playing as a fleet of one when I abandon that fleet (assuming I need to do so, in order to join someone else's)?

Answer: If the Admiral can't be passed to someone else you will disband the fleet when you leave and it all will be lost. If you pass the Admiral to someone the upgrades will remain with the fleet as long as they don't disband it.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also create an alt and have that alt join that fleet then give admiral ship to it. Set your fleet to open so u can come back to it easily later if u want.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    -{Punisher}-[Mystery Machine] was the first to reply, but subsequently indicated that the slots were filled. Rather than displacing someone or waiting for an opening, I opted to go with the second offer (i.e. Holodeck Gone Haywire).

Thanks to all who replied whether in this thread or via PM.
    And also thanks to all of you who took the time to answer my questions. Appreciated.
  • Options
    -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    We actually have a slot open now. I wish you would have messaged me. Good luck with your new fleet!
  • Options
    FYI: One aspect of the fleet joining process that I was unaware of, as was the case with a few others I conversed with (hence the reason I'm mentioning this), is that newly admitted members have to wait 24hrs before being allowed to actively participate in fleet activities. So to anyone recruiting, or for that matter enrolling, days Monday - Wednesday are probably better days to do so, if for no other reason than you'll be more apt to be able to actively partake in all days of a weekend event. Since I joined on Thursday, afternoon, I have to wait until Friday afternoon before I'm eligible to donate to the cause.

3wu1h48bvgor.jpg

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The discribtion is misguiding.

You are instantly allowed to participate in fleet activities, like eg
    donating to the starbase(if u hadn t already done it that day).
    All other in game actions you do, instantly count towards the
    fleet dailies as well. So there‘s no reason to hold back on anything.

But you are blocked for 24hs until ur able to claim the Daily Fleet target rewards, but that‘s needed to avoid abuse. Otherwise a player could jump to several fleets within a day and collect the Rewards multiple times.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Capt. CrunchCapt. Crunch ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, unfortunately I had already maxed my donations to my previously existing fleet before I decided to join this new one (new to me anyway) yesterday morning. So I couldn't donate until last night's reset. I did complete all my daily objectives yesterday, but like you said, I couldn't collect daily fleet target rewards, nor will I be able to for several more hours.
    The discribtion is misguiding...

...All other action in game actions you do, instantly count towards the
    fleet dailies as well. So there‘s no reason to hold back on anything.

I was hoping this to be the case, but a lack of confirmation during this 24hour hold period, makes it difficult to tell. Perhaps a clearer written message would help alleviate some of the initial confusion.