Home The Bridge

Looking for a recommendation

Now that this game is pretty much self-imploded, I was wondering what game I should jump to next. Any recommendations? I heard good/bad about ST Fleet Command, but is there another game similar to STT out there?

Comments

• 99% of mobile games Fleet Command included are literally pay to win and if you are a new player you are pretty much screwed.
  • I'm planning to jump to RAID: Shadow Legends or whatever it's called. Just waiting to see what my squadmates want to do... would like to keep in touch somehow, even if we're not playing Timelines anymore.
  • I thoroughly enjoy playing ST Fleet Command, but it is a bit difficult to level in the early days. I cant think of any games similar to STT.
  • I'm planning to jump to RAID: Shadow Legends or whatever it's called. Just waiting to see what my squadmates want to do... would like to keep in touch somehow, even if we're not playing Timelines anymore.

I also have (had?) a really active Fleet and would like to stay in touch with them, but honestly can’t see myself playing STT again. Especially after reading @Shan ’s really horrible post doubling down on the ban. I’ll check out RAID, and maybe Bridge Commander,
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

In other words, does it have to be Star Trek?
    And if yes, I'd find an old copy of Elite Force or Bridge Commander.

Aw man, I havent thought about Elite Force in a LONG time. Thats a tempting consideration for my weekend...
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    I had already returned to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes in December. So much better of a game. Franchise is also going in the right direction for a change. This game going stale, new feature looks lame, and isn't a new game mode, now bangate. Probably it for me.
  • Thorozar wrote: »
    I had already returned to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes in December. So much better of a game. Franchise is also going in the right direction for a change. This game going stale, new feature looks lame, and isn't a new game mode, now bangate. Probably it for me.

I returned to SWGOH recently too! :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I am not leaving this game.

But I am interested in others. I experimented with a Star Wars one a while back, but it was one of those where other players can steal from you while you are off-line. I have no interest in that, and that is most games I have heard of.

I really like Fallout Shelter. Lots of fun. No other players to take your stuff. But then, also no interaction with others, which can be nice.
  • Since quitting, I've taken up online gambling. It made the super bowl more fun, and the slots remind me of pulling packs except that I make money sometimes.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • I love Ingress - keeps me fit and I discover new things.

And Minecraft.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    When sufficiently annoyed and avoiding the game I focus more on my scale models and militaria collection. Find something to collect that amuses you and feed your money there.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • If fantasy is your thing, Dragalia Lost has a story that entertains me, and is very forgiving to F2Pers.
  • I've actually enjoyed playing Fortnite with my son today. It's a PS4 game but completely free and they appear to treat players with alot more respect than the bozos at TP
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Eventually GTA 6 will come out and this will become a dust collector, if it lasts that long.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    True story- All my progress in Star Wars Angry Birds got wiped out a couple years ago, so I am playing back through. It is amazing how much I vaguely remember after something like 3 years.
    That and collecting more cards in Futurama Game of Drones.
    Both of them are so old that they don’t have adds anymore and I can’t spend money. 😂
  • Thorozar wrote: »

If you like Star Wars, this is a good choice.

I just discovered it a couple months ago, and I've played it daily since. I find it fun. A lot more RPG elements which I really enjoy. It is a 5 year old app as well, but it appears to be going in the right direction.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 is epic.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    It certainly is not for everyone but - do not dare to laugh! - my current favorite game is Dress Up Time Princess. It is very math heavy (different game modes with different weighting of the clothes' stats) and has really cute stories. They throw out new content at immense speed (a new book every few weeks), so they probably make big money with the app.

It is worth a look if you do not have to throw up on the game's name and ads already.

/edit: Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall kept me very engaged for several months but imo they added too many features and it took more than an hour to do the daily stuff when I quit. It is very cool and sometimes I miss it, I just did not want to invest so much time every day.

/edit2: RAID gets boring really quickly. I quit after only 3 months but I stopped to enjoy it after 2 already.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • No tp games, Boycott
  • Hearts of iron
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing Picture Cross. Stupid little puzzle solving game but it fills boredom voids
  • I have Wordscapes just to do something simple and Pokemon GO, which is the other game I spend money on. Despite Niantic’s issues, they are well worth me spending money because they do things that cater to players (of course you will never make everyone happy especially in a game that has millions upon millions of active daily players around the world) constantly. I have already begun spending a bit more money in that game for things there that I stopped spending on STT a month ago after the Tuesday pack fiasco (over $100 worth of Dil used to get garbage and only one featured Legendary). There is not another Star Trek game I can put my focus into, so once this game is gone or I leave first, I have PoGO to spend more time on.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • You Pogo players destroyed my Ingress :lol:

If I see another post box or 'steam pipe' portal submitted by you guys. :lol:

Lol I personally do not submit anything like that, so I am not part of that group. 😂 At least we are keeping Niantic in business. 😛
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista

Lol I personally do not submit anything like that, so I am not part of that group. 😂 At least we are keeping Niantic in business. 😛

I only jest. :)

There is a subscription mode to Ingress released this week. Much cheaper than the Campaign on STT. I think I'll sign up with the money I'm saving.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a fellow PoGo player, I always laugh when that community gets up in arms about something. Come play STT, and then you'll know what it's like to really play a game that is stagnant, owned by a company that shows time and time that it doesn't care.
  • MASS EFFECT!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    During one of my sabbaticals from here, I tried both STFC and Hades’ Star. Both got to be too grind-y for me, so I deleted them. I had been thinking about trying TerraGenesis, but ... um, no.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust