Home The Bridge

Farewell

edited February 2021 in The Bridge
For five years I have been aware of 'bugs' that I have not exploited - the dilithium thing, IamP etc. Indeed, I have been a victim of and been exploited by bugs on their end. Phugate being the most recent.

Yesterday I clicked 'buy again' after being invited to do so by TPTB (If a 'buy again' button is there, that is not an 'exploit' on my part). The deal seemed like a good one so I clicked again, and again. Serotonin lead me to click maybe five times, definitely less than ten, I'm not too sure. A few hours later, before bed, I logged in to complete my dailies and send out shuttles for the event. I noticed that I had zero ISM, well that's not right, I think - if it was their bug they can take back what they accidentally invited me to take but they can't take what I earned previously. I try to send a ticket but it didn't work, another bug I think, as I have done too many times. I shrug, log out and try to log in. Wait, what?! I am banned?!

After that, I did not sleep. I was angry. Angry that I'd spent money on a game, angry that they'd taken my stuff, angry that they were blaming US for THEIR mistake. I had a headache, my throat ached. I logged into this forum occasionally. I had about four hours sleep. I am in work now, I am knackered. I tried to remember when I last felt this way - and then I remembered - it was when I quit smoking, years back. I hated quitting at the time because I loved smoking. But in the long run, it's been worth it... Lesson.

OsirisSonOfGeb, his eyes opened.

Five years of logging in everyday. Birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, holidays. Annoyed my wife and kids on occasion. That is a bad habit. Thrown money at it. Bad habit.

So five years. I kept coming because I love Trek and the community is great (I found myself logging in here more than the game over the last year) A special big mention to the community I found in my new fleet after Phugate - CryHavoc - you are all the best. The company, whatever name they're going by these days are not great. But I do owe them a thanks. Thanks, Shan & Ben, for kicking me from the bad habit of your two-man operation.

LLAP everyone. 🖖

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long. Peace and long life.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*