Home The Bridge

19 Retrieval Gifts - any reason to NOT claim them all at once?

Shocking behaviour of TP aside...

We have about 16 days to claim the 19 Retrieval Gifts.
Is there any reason to NOT claim them all at once?
I'm worried I might have missed a reason.

Many thanks

Comments

• You never know if claiming them at once is seen as an exploit.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As buggy as the game is I should have waited...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zork wrote: »
    Shocking behaviour of TP aside...
    Is there any reason to NOT claim them all at once?
    I'm worried I might have missed a reason.

Many thanks
    They might ban you, because they can

DB: Do Better
  • edited February 2021
    Brilliant, Scott! :lol:
  • I m not touching the new „free“ packs after the current event has ended. 😰🙈
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • i think i did 2-3. i realized it was a glitch because the counter wasn't going down. so i stopped.
    waiting to see if it is changed or locked. its not that big of deal to me.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    i think i did 2-3. i realized it was a glitch because the counter wasn't going down. so i stopped.

There is no visible counter on the packs. You can only count with your fingers how many you already retrieved. The 19 stays the same until the end.

Still, I only got 17 or 18 overall (I had a discrepancy between constellations and ISM) including the two prior to the fix. My fingers failed me while counting down.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • i think i did 2-3. i realized it was a glitch because the counter wasn't going down. so i stopped.

Shan has said the counter doesn't count in the link I posted.

Only the orange dots with numbers can count and they didn't use it for this for some reason.
  • Wait one moment.

Am I reading this correctly? They are continuing to punish unbanned players who overclaim from their bugged pack?

Is this Star Trek:sadomasochisism now?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I m not touching the new „free“ packs after the current event has ended. 😰🙈

Almost the same here, as I will only claim it once per day at Dabo reset until Tuesday, just to be safe.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did them all at once a day ago and I'm still here to tell the tale. ;) As it happens, I had 18 pulls to clear out the offer (19 is max but it appears to take into account any prior free-daily-pack pulls in that max total).
  • This is your legacy, TP. We can't trust labels and we can't trust buttons.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I did them all at once a day ago and I'm still here to tell the tale. ;) As it happens, I had 18 pulls to clear out the offer (19 is max but it appears to take into account any prior free-daily-pack pulls in that max total).

I did them all on Sunday, @Zombie Squirrel (event was TaO for me). After the last pull, the retrieval gift pack disappeared from the portal.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I claimed them all at once....but I did not get all 19. They apparently included the small number of "freebies" I had claimed during the big glitch. So, for the legitimate ones I just received the difference. In the end I still got 19.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    I decided to claim them all at once a day ago. I've not been banned! As peregrine said: after the last pull, the retrieval gift pack disappeared from the portal.