Home The Bridge

The Day That Timelines Died

ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
(Sung to the tune of "American Pie" by a former TP/WRG employee many years from now...)

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how that game
Used to make players smile
And I knew that we had our day
That we could make those players pay
And maybe they’d be happy for a while

But February made me shiver
With this new feature we delivered
Banning players for our flaw
We couldn’t understand their withdraw
I can’t remember if I cried
When we saw our revenues nullified
Something touched me deep inside
The day that Timelines died

So, bye-bye, Star Trek Timelines
Drove our players to retire, but not really sure why
And our WRG team was left to say their goodbyes
Lamentin’, “This was the day that Timelines died
This was the day that Timelines died”

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Excellent. Want to add to my Wellerman song idea @ALeeRocks ?
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • I very very rarely post on the forums (maybe once before).. but that was awesome. 🖖
  • @ALeeRocks I’m not enjoying the ban but reading that made me laugh! Cheers 👌

• Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is amazing, and yes I had the tune playing in my head as i read each word. Brilliant!
  • Yesterday and today is the most ‘awesome’’s i’ve seen on posts ever (not just yours, but a bunch everywhere). And they are all very well deserved 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Yesterday and today is the most ‘awesome’’s i’ve seen on posts ever (not just yours, but a bunch everywhere). And they are all very well deserved 🖖

People are tapping 'Awesome' like it's 'Buy Again'!

Is there a limit for 'Awesome' also? I guess we'll find out soon.