Home The Bridge

A Reasonable Response to TP's Recent Choices

A squad mate made a suggestion that I think is genius. He's not a participant in these boards, but he gave permission to share the idea.

Campaign subscribers could send a message perhaps by delaying their next campaign purchase until the end. TP would still get their money, so the company ultimately wouldn't be hurt. Subscribers would still get the premium campaign rewards, though a bit later than normal. However, by delaying their income stream, players would drive home the point about how much power we wield, should we decide to use it. A delay would hurt them more than us, but it might also encourage them to be more careful in future community interactions. Perhaps it would also encourage them to truly apologize for the mistakes they made in this most recent incident.

Personally, I've decided to be entirely f2p unless and until TP makes a full apology, but I respect others who choose differently. Some have suggested a three month ban on spending, and I can respect that too. For those who wish for a more measured response, a 3+ week delay in purchasing the campaign might do just the trick. From someone who used to wait to buy until the end of a campaign on purpose, it's a lot of fun to open everything at once! :)

Just an idea, and I'm glad to have such thoughtful squad mates!

Comments

• Nice idea.

P.S. I was going to post a REAL comment, then changed my mind and there doesn't seem to be any way to discard drafts that I can see.
  • Nice idea.

P.S. I was going to post a REAL comment, then changed my mind and there doesn't seem to be any way to discard drafts that I can see.

Back out of a thread (such as this one), and at the top of your forums screen you should have 3 bars. Click on that, it'll show you a list of your drafts (under Drafts). You can click the X box to delete any of them.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishwise wrote: »
    I can understand the idea, but like with any game, those who view and post on forums are a tiny vocal contingency of the player base, and posts here won't reach the majority of players. For a predominantly mobile phone game this impact is probably lower. As a result, trying to organize any sort of delayed boycott won't likely have much effect.
    If you feel that the money you're spending is providing value to you, keep spending. If you feel it isn't, then stop spending money. It's as simple as that.

Most of the people here belong to a Fleet. And might possibly use social media. The word would obviously need to be spread beyond the Forums.....

WE REALLY GOOFED/TESTED POORLY

🥌🦞
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."