It's sad, so sad
Why can't we talk it over?
Oh, it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word
What do I do to make you want me?
What I got to do to be heard?
What do I say when it's all over?
Sorry seems to be the hardest word.

You went nuclear with the ban button, we went nuclear (Mutally Assured Destruction) with our rage quitting.

I logged on today out of curiosity and I see that you did actually replace the stuff you'd taken from me in the form of nineteen packs. Your communication didn't make it clear that was what was happening (poor communication from yourselves - I have never heard that brought up before!) So I apologise for insinuating that you had taken from me whilst simultaneously giving more to others.

If you want to apologise for the banhammer properly rather than mealy-mouthed party-line stuff we're listening.

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 19 packs weren't in compensation for what they took from you. Everyone got those. The stuff that you earned before the bug that was taken, that's still gone.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey TP!
    Elton wrote:
    Sorry seems to be the hardest word
    It's sad, so sad
    It's a sad, sad situation
    And it's getting more and more absurd
    It's sad, so sad
    Why can't we talk it over?
    Oh, it seems to me
    That sorry seems to be the hardest word
    What do I do to make you want me?
    What I got to do to be heard?
    What do I say when it's all over?
    Sorry seems to be the hardest word.

You went nuclear with the ban button, we went nuclear (Mutally Assured Destruction) with our rage quitting.

I logged on today out of curiosity and I see that you did actually replace the stuff you'd taken from me in the form of nineteen packs. Your communication didn't make it clear that was what was happening (poor communication from yourselves - I have never heard that brought up before!) So I apologise for insinuating that you had taken from me whilst simultaneously giving more to others.

If you want to apologise for the banhammer properly rather than mealy-mouthed party-line stuff we're listening.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    The 19 packs weren't in compensation for what they took from you. Everyone got those. The stuff that you earned before the bug that was taken, that's still gone.

I think the OP meant to say that they took everything he/she/they had accumulated related to the new, superawesome feature. And at least got that kind of replaced. Although the people who did not have their Inventory raided also got the stuff.

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    again. it was always planned that every player gets those 19 packs. long before everyting happened they planned to give every player one pull daily til feb 28

after the release of the malfunctioning daily pull with buy again button and what happens afterwards, they decided to give all 19 pulls at once instead a daily pack.

so nothing was done about the "raided inventorys".

sincerely yours,

a not affected player.
  • Options
    As another non-affected player, with fleet members affected, the point of an apology is well-taken. Otherwise the lingering effect is one of "you exploiters got your way but we still wish we could punish you."
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    I just want an apology.

I am not a cheater. I want them to recognise that the mistake was theirs, they overreacted and to say sorry - it's the hardest word, and it's getting more and more absurd.

I don't think that will happen. I doubt their lawyers will allow it.
  • Options
    I'm British so I don't really understand the lawyer culture. I heard Roddenberry surrounded himself with them before he passed. Very sad.

If we're in the wrong we tend to own it and just apologise. Everyone moves on.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Elsewhere, it was theorized that if they admit they did something wrong, their lawyers would be afraid of automatically losing any related lawsuits that someone could bring.

I agree with your idea that "if you mess up, fess up." But I doubt that will happen here.

I do wish that at least someone would say, "We've said all we're allowed to say on this matter,", so we at least get a *hint* there is more they'd like to say. Assuming there is, of course.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want an apology.

I am not a cheater. I want them to recognise that the mistake was theirs, they overreacted and to say sorry - it's the hardest word, and it's getting more and more absurd.

A person I greatly respect changed my life with the following advice.

Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.

I've also found that this is very helpful as well.

oh3ny5k1giyh.jpg

I wish you well. LLAP 🖖
  • Options
    Great advice. 👍
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    I'm British so I don't really understand the lawyer culture. I heard Roddenberry surrounded himself with them before he passed. Very sad.

If we're in the wrong we tend to own it and just apologise. Everyone moves on.

Too many in the USA are after free crap, so are looking to sue anyone and everyone for the most minor infractions. All this does is drive up the cost of everything and the only winners are attorneys.