Home The Bridge
Options

Constellation Scanning & the Gauntlet

dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
The new constellation scanning feature is incredibly transparent: you scan, you see your percentage begin to grow of receiving a constellation. Its still RNG but there's some hope that it's going to get better.

With this mechanic clearly in the game and functioning, it would be AMAZING to see something similar added to the Gauntlet for the receipt of the gauntlet exclusive characters. Every 3 wins when that box comes up, there's also a percentage graph that shows your progression to receive a guaranteed character.

It doesnt matter if this is a ridiculously slow build, even half a percent every 3 wins, but it would do a lot to restore some faith in the gauntlet odds if progression could be seen right on the screen and you knew that EVENTUALLY you'd hit a guaranteed drop even if all the odds had failed you up to that point.

Edit: This probably should have gone into Make It So- my bad!

Comments

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea and think it should also be applied to pack purchases.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be great cause some players cannot get them to drop. It is random.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there's no progression in the gauntlet, it's completely random and pure RNG for every single box.

But it would be great if they implemented this for the gauntlet too, whether it would be visible or not.

This. I think that is what the OP wanted to suggest. Add a guaranteed drop at 💯%. Start the percentage at, say 2%. Add 0.5% every time a "third" Crate drops anything but a Gauntlet Exclusive Crew. At 💯%, guaranteed Exclusive drop.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the gradually increasing drop rate idea. It might make me actually want to do the Gauntlet, rather than play through grated teeth 😆
  • Options
    I've heard it called a 'pity timer' : thumbsup:
  • Options
    Would be nice, I am now at 2,401 gauntlet rounds without a gauntlet crew drop yet. My play style means that I don't have time to get top 10 results in each gauntlet but I can generally get 20+ streaks if its timed right and I don't face a wall of gauntlet crew after wall of gauntlet crew.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Years ago World of Warcraft instituted “bad luck protection” on certain in game RNG (sadly not all of it) and it was very well received. I would wholeheartedly support this as an addition to the gauntlet, there are already walls of every exclusive, all the time, so there is little reason to make them scarce for the players that struggle to obtain them. Or simply add them to the Polestars once they are no longer the “Feature” crew, however, I favor the OP’s idea significantly more, even if each 3 wins/1 box is 1%.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furthering the idea, I would imagine a case where the current featured crew would have 2 or 3 times the drop rate compared to the older ones.

Jumping on @Torias327 's idea, why not just a super rare "Gauntlet Crew" polestar?
  • Options
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Years ago World of Warcraft instituted “bad luck protection” on certain in game RNG (sadly not all of it) and it was very well received. I would wholeheartedly support this as an addition to the gauntlet, there are already walls of every exclusive, all the time, so there is little reason to make them scarce for the players that struggle to obtain them. Or simply add them to the Polestars once they are no longer the “Feature” crew, however, I favor the OP’s idea significantly more, even if each 3 wins/1 box is 1%.

"bad luck protection" RNG would be great to implement in shuttle faction events. After failing a 90+% shuttle (or worse, failing multiple 90% shuttles in a row), a countdown meter indicating your next X amount of shuttles are immune from failure.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001