Home The Bridge
Options

TP has turned me into F2P player - this is what I will be spending my money on instead.

Upset by “Buy-Again gate” I have chosen to withhold my funds from TP for at least 3 months, and maybe longer, if they do not radically alter their approach to how they treat customers.

This is where my money is going instead
https://trusselltrust.org/make-a-donation/

Would be great to see where others are putting their cash instead.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my new favorite Marvel game is sending up flags like MAA did the last couple months before their big announcement, so I guess the Naval game I play.

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Well, my new favorite Marvel game is sending up flags like MAA did the last couple months before their big announcement, so I guess the Naval game I play.

🥌🦞

I was thinking of looking at Marvel games as an alternate distraction. Mind on sharing which one you think I should avoid?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

🥌🦞

I was thinking of looking at Marvel games as an alternate distraction. Mind on sharing which one you think I should avoid?

Marvel Future Fight is starting to do things similar to what Marvel Avengers Alliance did right before it was shuttered. The last two monthly Updates did not add new characters. Just Uniforms for existing characters. At least one of those Uniforms was a step down for an existing character, instead of an improvement. Game might be okay, but I have rolled my spending back to where it was when we were boycotting. They did just update some rewards in various things in-game, so that might be a good sign.

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jefe wrote: »
    Just purchased and opened a beautiful bottle of Silverado Cabernet from the Napa Valley. Only cost a months worth of what I send to TP.

I have never tried that @Jefe is it better than Sterling Vineyards Cabernet? 🍷🍷🍷
  • Options
    I’m not sure yet. My spend was basically the monthly card, the campaign, the 2x$4.99 dil offers for skirmishes, and every other month abouts, a $25 offers with dil+packs. About $30-40/month.

I have recommended the Honor Harrington books for readers. It’s a big, juicy space opera with good characters and a big universe to explore. I won’t be spending on them because I already own most of them, but throttling back in the game may give me time again to enjoy them.
  • Options
    Have also bought a (cheap) pressure washer.
  • Options
    My wife and I ordered one of these restaurant boxes that have been all the rage in lockdown.

Rick Steins of Padstow, Cornwall. Delivered to the doorstep. Unfortunately we have to cook it and wash dishes but we're looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Sounds lovely. I will raise a glass to you both later.
    My wife and I ordered one of these restaurant boxes that have been all the rage in lockdown.

Rick Steins of Padstow, Cornwall. Delivered to the doorstep. Unfortunately we have to cook it and wash dishes but we're looking forward to it!

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I bought an 86" TV.
    🖥 👀
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Blimey! I think I might have size envy.
    I bought an 86" TV.

How long would it have taken you to spend that amount with TP?

• Options
    Blimey! I think I might have size envy.
    I bought an 86" TV.

How long would it have taken you to spend that amount with TP?

A day sometimes. Depends on if they put the Musketeer in the pack or not.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jefe wrote: »
    Just purchased and opened a beautiful bottle of Silverado Cabernet from the Napa Valley. Only cost a months worth of what I send to TP.

You do know wine comes in boxes now, right?

jjyyknyxlbm3.jpeg
  • Options

Please don't pressure wash your roof unless you really know what you are doing. Horror stories abound regarding blasting holes in one's roof.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added a bit to my militaria collection. Aircraft compass, A couple medals, A bayonet, some photos, etc. some nice pieces to research and display. Need a good book on Belgian medals.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Thanks. I live in a Victorian terrace house. I may be a bit crackers but if I ever get the desire to pressure wash the roof I know it is time for a long lie down. 🤪

Please don't pressure wash your roof unless you really know what you are doing. Horror stories abound regarding blasting holes in one's roof.

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Sweet Lords of Kobol, you just reminded me of the time that my next door neighbor tried to pressure wash her powder coated aluminum siding before I could tell her not to do that. You inadvertently gave me a great laugh because I really couldn’t stand her.