Home The Bridge
Options

Campaigns- gold item retrieval for ISM?

Assuming I understood the change correctly, I am very much against the change. I purchased the premium campaign primarily for the gold items and the extra chronitons. Perhaps I won’t purchase anymore. Anyone else feel this way or am I misunderstanding something?

Comments

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I like that this ISM will allow me to open all my constellations. I am only opening the ones I need a polestar from right now.
  • Options
    Not enough time has gone by to see what excess amounts of ISM does for my game. I do know that if I was guaranteed to get a useful piece of equipment (rather then the useless doubles) from those legendary equipment packs I would prefer them over ISM - but the fact that most of the time it's garbage means I'm willing to at least see what lots of ISM does before comparing the 2.
  • Options
    I hate this change so probably will not buy premium again. I only just bought for the first time primarily for the equipment crates. I have not been playing very long, I stopped for maybe a year because of slow progress. Just started to try again. The equipment crates were really helping me to level my crew. I run out of chroniton even trying to make part of a gold item. Only if I save up for many days, then maybe I make one gold item. I can only do 4 hour voyage, so this not that much help. I try to use ads for cadet mission with chron but not always have time to go in every hour to do mission. I don’t care about this ISM, I don’t need more crew, I have no space for more crew, and I struggle trying to level the crew I already have. Never have enough chroniton, not enough replication fuel, not enough trainings except to buy with honour. Those equipment crates were my little bit of hope to help me level my crew. But now this is gone. Very unhappy.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to echo others here: if you bought the campaign primarily for these crates, that's pretty shocking and inefficient. Campaigns first came out when I was still equipping lots of crew and I vividly remember keeping Assimilated La Forge's last four equipment slots open for an entire campaign. Not one useful drop for him; had to replicate everything. Since then, the crates have mostly been replicator fuel and an annoyance for me.

Now, I will say that this much ISM needs to be paired with more ways to use it. Constant scanning isn't going to cut it; a more direct way to get Constellations is also needed.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    As a new player, I like the change. Don't need the gold crates, have enough gear. I have a ton of replicator items. The only thing I need are trainings.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest items to throw in the replicator are the superare and legendary you are not going to have a lot of them. And, if you replicate a legendary item you will use up a lot of them. So I am surprised people talk about the premium campaign item drops bloating their inventory. The bloat is the non premium campaign, it takes time to go though the base, common, and uncommon items.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crates were often useless and duplicate items.

I have opened crates in the campaign that have awarded me items I have had before.

Once I opened a crate and it awarded me three copies of the same piece of clothing for a crew member, whom I was not actively levelling. I went to that crew, and found I had a total of 18 copies of that item, because previous crates had awarded that item, and I had not equipped it.

For equipment crates to be useful, the algorithm choosing the equipment needs a serious overhaul.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    The easiest items to throw in the replicator are the superare and legendary you are not going to have a lot of them. And, if you replicate a legendary item you will use up a lot of them. So I am surprised people talk about the premium campaign item drops bloating their inventory. The bloat is the non premium campaign, it takes time to go though the base, common, and uncommon items.

When you don't have a lot of crew to level, those gold crates give you a lot of Rare items, which can be just as hard to track down as the 2*, 1*, and 0* items. Things have improved with the recent update with items in the inventory being labeled, and in something approaching alphabetic order, but it's still not what I'd call simple.

Honestly, not fighting/arguing with you on this, it's just that some of us have a different experience. If these crates prioritized open equipment slots, and delivered, I'd probably be annoyed with this change. But that's not how they were ever coded.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

When you don't have a lot of crew to level, those gold crates give you a lot of Rare items, which can be just as hard to track down as the 2*, 1*, and 0* items. Things have improved with the recent update with items in the inventory being labeled, and in something approaching alphabetic order, but it's still not what I'd call simple.

Honestly, not fighting/arguing with you on this, it's just that some of us have a different experience. If these crates prioritized open equipment slots, and delivered, I'd probably be annoyed with this change. But that's not how they were ever coded.

I agree about the rare items. That was why I did not mention it. But, you are right to point it out because most of the time that is what will drop.
  • Options
    Yea I am happy about the change for sure. I might get one useful item per campaign out of them crates. The rest was nothing but junk.

Good call IMO TP!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure all the late game players absolutely love the change. This will heavily impact newer and mid level players like myself. Im level 65 and have been purchasing the campaign since I started playing. There are other things on the campaign track that can be replaced instead of the crates. This was a horrendous decision. The campaign needs changing, but this wasn't the change it needed.

I think players in small and mid lvl fleets will appreciate the change since their fleets are not hitting maximum ism dailies.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I would suggest to TP that instead of replacing crates with ISM, they just make ISM as an additional reward when crates drop. Keeps everyone happy and certainly isn’t game breaking.

Exactly! 🙂
    @Shan please help us communicate this to the developers.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Sashenka wrote: »
    I hate this change so probably will not buy premium again. I only just bought for the first time primarily for the equipment crates. I have not been playing very long, I stopped for maybe a year because of slow progress. Just started to try again. The equipment crates were really helping me to level my crew. I run out of chroniton even trying to make part of a gold item. Only if I save up for many days, then maybe I make one gold item. I can only do 4 hour voyage, so this not that much help. I try to use ads for cadet mission with chron but not always have time to go in every hour to do mission. I don’t care about this ISM, I don’t need more crew, I have no space for more crew, and I struggle trying to level the crew I already have. Never have enough chroniton, not enough replication fuel, not enough trainings except to buy with honour. Those equipment crates were my little bit of hope to help me level my crew. But now this is gone. Very unhappy.

All of your complaints are valid. I remember those struggles. I remember never being able to get a legendary part lvl 60 because the equipment was too costly, I remember having to wait for 4 more chrons to replenish so I could make another attempt for that one item I needed. I remember being so dependent on honor for crew trainers. These are all struggles of the early game. But with time and the right crew and resource management, they will be struggles that you will pass.
    I remember the moment when I realized I would never have to buy trainers again, and all honor could go to citations, I remember getting my first legendary crew to lvl 100 and more recently the feeling of disbelief when I finish a galaxy or a skirmish with 30,000+ chrons still left.
    If you enjoy the game, keep going. It can be done, I didn't have campaign item packs when I was there, but they would have helped I am sure. Work on 1 or 2 crew at a time and you will break through those early game issues and get into the larger strategy of the game play.
    I guess I am a late game player? Almost?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand how the crates can be beneficial. I intentionally leave more than a dozen crew unequipped so that the crates can be useful, but I still only get useful drops barely more than half the time. Most of the time, the items just fill my inventory until I have to go in and delete the garbage. It is also frustrating to get multiple copies of the same thing that is needed exclusively for one crew who is long-frozen. Getting the successful drops is nice, but ultimately it only save a small amount of chronitons or credits, both of which are easily obtainable if you play regularly and have a bit of experience. I agree that the trainers would be much better to replace, but they know just how much experienced players complain about getting useless drops that fill their inventory.

Ultimately, ask yourself if you want the means to get more targeted crew, even if only twice a month, or a few items, half of which are useless. As much as I have occasionally gotten decent drops, I expect that the ability to have more polestars when my quantum recharges.

Think like this: yes, you lose out on some items, but you have a much improved chance of getting good polestars so that you can target desired crew a couple times a month. More of your desired crew trumps a few items, in my opinion.

In addition, if you are someone who likes to buy the campaign at the end, the crates are much less likely to give useful things all at once, so if you get it at the end, the massive dump of ISM would still be good.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bloated inventory thanks you.