Home The Bridge
Options

Citation Offer - Be VERY Careful

JuristJurist ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
Already posted in Engineering Room to alert devs, but also posting a warning to players here. The $15 offer that went up at 12PM Eastern for 1 legendary citation , 5 super rare citations, and 750 dilithium states that it is limited to 2 per player. However, after purchasing it twice, the offer still appears for me and *still appears to be purchasable*, i.e. it might be more than a display bug for some people.

Edit: A friend purchased a 3rd time and the offer then disappeared. Is it possible that the offer should say "3" instead of "2"? Need some clarification please @Shan, as we are still in the same ballpark as the last crisis with the offer not matching what is actually available.

Update: Confirmed that 3 purchases us the correct limit, and the offer has been updated per Shan. Leaving post up w/ appropriate edits so people can check back for updates.

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspected there was a bug somewhere they were trying to fix. I often get bounced repeatedly while they are fixing it. Wasn't sure if it was the citation thing or the discount packs. I was worried they were after I bought some packs.
    Bought 3 packs. Got the two Sulus I still needed, an EV Archer from a begold (Ushaan Shran and Honored Owo being the others), and two schematic bundles for the Xindi-Insectoid that maxed it. Very happy with those.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    BarnBurner, fortunately I didn't have a full mouthful !!
  • Options
    I missed out on being banned for the Daily $hit.

On the one hand, here's my chance to finally get banned!

On the other hand, that would mean giving WRG money.

Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not another Buttongate

*Sigh*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not another Buttongate

*Sigh*

@Princess Trista for the win on the controversy's nickname! "Buttongate" sums it up nicely, well done.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Another example of how bad TP is. Don't buy. Make TP recognize their mistakes. Don't even click on the ad-warps. Make them get the point!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    We literally cannot make it seven days?

ButtonGate
    MACOGate
    CiteGate

QC failure. So coming, it's a "Feature"......

⛔🛑👨🕦
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    QCgate?
  • Options
    t5bj5b11czk4.jpg

⛔🛑👨🕦
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for transparency, did we get, or can we get, clarification on the issue?

Was the pack limit programming wrong and the description was changed to match? (Original intention: 2 purchases)

Or was the description wrong and adjusted to match the programming? (Original intention: 3 purchases)

• Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I buy this offer about once a month. This offer used to be $25 but currently it is $15. That's a better deal for sure. The difference might be in the amount of crystals, but I'm not sure. I hope it remains at this price point in the future.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Protip: Don't spend money, can't get banned

Can t remember any incident when TP banned a player for purchasing stuff?
    Can you deliver more details, plz?

Click the £22.99 double up 5* offer, then cancel, then buy cheapest dilithium offer and you would still get the £22.99 offer for £4.69. This happened for over 12months until someone posted it to DB who then closed the loophole
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Protip: Don't spend money, can't get banned

Can t remember any incident when TP banned a player for purchasing stuff?
    Can you deliver more details, plz?

Click the £22.99 double up 5* offer, then cancel, then buy cheapest dilithium offer and you would still get the £22.99 offer for £4.69. This happened for over 12months until someone posted it to DB who then closed the loophole

But, were people banned? Or was the issue just resolved?
    I, for one, am looking forward to Tantrumgate coming to an end. These forums were getting bad enough with all of the negativity - now it is unreadable. Nothing but endless threads of outrage over every little thing...

Sorry, but to a lot of people, removing legitimately earned inventory and banning players for an error WRG made was not exactly a "little thing". Since this mistake less than a week later was at least similar, of course people are concerned.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    banning players for an error WRG made

Players were not banned for an error WRG made. That's the justification for the tantrums, but it is inaccurate.

WRG made an error.

Players who excessively took advantage of that error were banned.

Was the ban too long and the punishment too extreme? Maybe. Worth discussion, but not worth derailing every single thread over. The notion that has permeated the self-entitled whining on this forum for the past week or so - the one that claims everyone who was banned were totally innocent and deserve the moon as compensation - well it is completely ridiculous and getting to be a bit much.

WRG screwed up, yep. But so did all of the greedy players who repeatedly clicked "Buy Again" dozens of times, knowing damned well it wasn't intended to work that way. They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and got slapped for it.

I'd have a lot more respect for the "banned" if they started by acknowledging that yes - they thought they were getting extra free stuff and probably shouldn't have been quite so abusive in clicking the button dozens of times, but maybe WRG's reaction was overboard and should be walked back. I'd support the cause if that were the case.

WRG Ben basically posted an apology for going over the line, and they've pulled it back. Maybe the players who tried to take advantage of the error to enrich their own games should post one as well now. For those of us who have had to endure the temper tantrums taking over the entire board.

Let me state I never would click on "Buy Again" without knowing the price.
    When I saw this I exited, to see if some price would come up. It stayed the same, that is, the claim once daily message. I restarted the Ap and the offer went away.