Home The Bridge
Options

How about an win-win apology?

Ok we all now had our buttongate... and as i stated... i wasnt affected but highly concerned about the action... because it easily could have been me too, without any bad intentions on my side...

they put out an apology and said thus poorly through-thought action will never happen again...i accepted this and give it a second chance... wallet is reopened...

but i hear ya TP/WRG/DB/etc. ;)

you want cash flow after this? ... so one of the best offers you have from time to time is this: 15x Ten-Pack + 3000 chrons + 3000 dil for about 25 bucks (depending on country and platforn)

so just top this up a little and move it to the players as an apology-deal (you dont need to name it this way ; )

how abot 25 packs +3k chron + 3k dil for 25 bucks? or at least 20 packs...

or 50 packs + 5k + 5k for 50 bucks?

i think this could pull some of us over... and could reinforce some of our recreational spendings ;)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    its apology with winking eye here of coz :D

i like your ideas ;)
  • Options
    i wasn't hit by the ban either but i am with you on apology packs
  • Options
    What kind of apology requires you to pay someone?

Free market capitalism.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    of coz i like free stuff and honor sales too but not everything can be given away for free and beside that of coz all opinions and ideas are welcome ;)

where i come from? from my standpoint of view as an casual spender, doing a 25 or 50 bucks here and there, a few times a year, beside the 15 monthly, having in mind that this game cant be all made for free...

this game is a huge part of my few free times for about 4 1/2 yrs now and i choosed it bcoz i havent enough time to do more complex star trek games like sto... i easily can afford my share of keeping it alive... im more the collector type, not very competitive in game but very active and i like special offers and i like the slot-machine feeling with binging packs from time to time ...so why not have both/various audiences adressed after this somehow trust-damaging incident? ;)
  • Options
    i'll would take both and some of the others mentioned above :)
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll would take both and some of the others mentioned above :)

Not to come off as a buzzkill, but I think if it appears we are being greedy, we likely won't get anything.
  • Options
    i think giving them extra money is the exact opposite of being greedy.
  • Options
    IceCat wrote: »
    I already suggested making the bonus tiers (101-120) of the campaign a permanent thing as an apology here.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17714/tp-after-this-pr-fiasco-how-about-this-show-of-good-faith

Nothing against your suggestion, but I still think this is the way to go. The extra tiers were well received, and this allows for both F2P and spenders to benefit from it.

As others have said, no one should have to pay for an apology "gift". This ensures no one has to, while those who wish to can, giving TP some revenue as well.

That is a win-win. For all involved.
    The problem is the vast majority of players have no idea there was ever any ban or controversy at all. So the suggestion of permanently changing the game economy would not be justified. I imagine they want to “save” that for special occasions where it could be prompted.

But the biggest factor imho is they can measure what that did to metrics they find important (spending, player engagement, ad revenue etc.)
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d prefer the leap year offer, 25 bucks for 23k+ dilithium. 😜

I would buy like 10 of those ;)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    At some point "...will never happen again" starts being less convincing. Especially when errors happen more often than once a full week.....

EDIT: Edited for less harsh comparison!

⛔🛑👨🕦
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not I. I'm 99% certain the only thing that's going to open my wallet back up is if the campaigns become 120 tiers, with double citations, permanently. Even then, it's highly unlikely I'd spend on anything else. Wrg/tp have burned one bridge too many.

They would just have to stop offering trash tier crew in the campaigns for me to do so. The last one I bought was Reverend Phlox more than a year ago. Every crew since then made me pass on the campaign entirely.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Not I. I'm 99% certain the only thing that's going to open my wallet back up is if the campaigns become 120 tiers, with double citations, permanently. Even then, it's highly unlikely I'd spend on anything else. Wrg/tp have burned one bridge too many.

They would just have to stop offering trash tier crew in the campaigns for me to do so. The last one I bought was Reverend Phlox more than a year ago. Every crew since then made me pass on the campaign entirely.

It‘s not TP‘s fault if you consider, Pah-wrath Keiko, Science Officer Spock,
    Determined Paris,Grateful Lwaxana and Lt. Com. Uhura, „trash“ crew. 😆
    dcupq1ttrldm.jpeg

Science officer Spock was the only campaign I missed out because I couldn't complete the track in time, but the other crew, yeah, clearly not good enough for me. Most of the ones you quoted get like one event a year at most or aren't main cast at all.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy just to have the crew slot sale which was meant to be coming this month. There aren't many days left...
  • Options
    I already suggested making the bonus tiers (101-120) of the campaign a permanent thing as an apology here.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17714/tp-after-this-pr-fiasco-how-about-this-show-of-good-faith

Nothing against your suggestion, but I still think this is the way to go. The extra tiers were well received, and this allows for both F2P and spenders to benefit from it.

As others have said, no one should have to pay for an apology "gift". This ensures no one has to, while those who wish to can, giving TP some revenue as well.

So the suggestion of permanently changing the game economy would not be justified. I imagine they want to “save” that for special occasions where it could be prompted.

The biggest change to the game economy came when they made dilithium obtainable for free. Prior to this, the only way to obtain it (and buy extra shuttles and crew slots) was to make a cash purchase. It is beyond me why they chose to tank their income in this way.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

So the suggestion of permanently changing the game economy would not be justified. I imagine they want to “save” that for special occasions where it could be prompted.

The biggest change to the game economy came when they made dilithium obtainable for free. Prior to this, the only way to obtain it (and buy extra shuttles and crew slots) was to make a cash purchase. It is beyond me why they chose to tank their income in this way.

Speaking as someone who eventually completely quit playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out because EA gonna EA, I’m quite glad they did.

lp2hbuxcmabz.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    i really dont know if this was me...

41r41r4bsy67.jpg

but thank you ;)

98dyf0ozdxht.jpg
  • Options
    Just logged in to get that offer only to see it's been taken down for now due to technical issues 🙈
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    for me everything seems to be added up correctly...

at least there is an logon notification this time, clarifing whats going on...

@sanoa ... wow! seems like you can make good use of that 10 slots ;)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me everything srems to be added up correctly...

at least there is an logon notification this time, clarifing whats going on...

@sanoa ... wow! seems like you can make good use of that 10 slots ;)

Yeah well, 5 gone again. I am considering to spend some of the dil on slots.^^
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.