Home Make It So!
Options

The redundant "The"

Is there any way to get rid of the redundant "The" in places like Voyages? I know it's a small thing, but when I see it it's distracting.
uvjqc8j2o5ps.png

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redundant *and* repetitive.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redundant *and* repetitive.

Recapitulatory and reiterative...
  • Options
    D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    its meant to say "The Bart, The!"
  • Options
    If it bothers you enough, it's very easy to fix yourself--just name your ship at the beginning of any voyage that has a ship starting with "The". Easy-peasy. :)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to inform the Department of Redundancy Department...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I generally change my ship names to some random text like:
    </b>balky toilet<b>
    </b>lost puppy<b>
    </b>angry parakeet<b>

The </b> forces the text to non-bold, and the <b> restarts it for the remaining HTML. Then we get some really comical updates like:

"Navigation became difficult when the balky toilet entered an abnormal dark-matter nebula"

It's the little things that make me chuckle.

• Options
    Need to inform the Department of Redundancy Department...

"99 years of proud service with pride for nearly a century."
  • Options
    It would also be nice if characters who were mechanical or holograms couldn't come down with biological diseases. I've seen Data come down with the pox a bunch of times.
  • Options
    That's nothing compared to the number of times my voyages have seen Armus water-skiing on the holodeck, or giving pottery lessons, or getting muscle strain from an energetic fencing match...