Home The Bridge
Options

Cataclysm!.....One year ago today

edited March 2021 in The Bridge
I’d like to start by saying Happy March everyone! From March 2nd - 4th 2020 we had our first mini-event; Cataclysm! This was a year ago right now! IIRC, almost everyone loved it! We hoped this would be the new normal, even if there weren’t crazy awesome dilithium rewards every time. Obviously this had been put on the back burner by TP, so i’d like to suggest in the mean time, why not a flashback of it? Same rewards, give everyone a chance to stock up on their dilithium! It would be a really nice gesture after mix-ups. What does everyone think? :smiley::smiley:
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Edit: tried to link the wiki page but it wouldn’t work :confused:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be down for that. I used every bit of that DIL trying to get North Star T'Pol or Dark Empath Troi (don't remember which) and didn't get a single copy to drop.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha they did that event while I was on a cruise. Still managed to get a couple of rewards.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to start by saying Happy March everyone! From March 2nd - 4th 2020 we had our first mini-event; Cataclysm! This was a year ago right now! IIRC, almost everyone loved it! We hoped this would be the new normal, even if there weren’t crazy awesome dilithium rewards every time. Obviously this had been put on the back burner by TP, so i’d like to suggest in the mean time, why not a flashback of it? Same rewards, give everyone a chance to stock up on their dilithium! It would be a really nice gesture after mix-ups. What does everyone think? :smiley::smiley:

Because the point wasn't to give everyone DIL or something to do mid-week. The point was to test event tweaks without disrupting weekend events. So re-running it wouldn't accomplish anything, just give away free DIL.

Personally I wish they had focused on a new event type instead of Crew Retrieval. But WRG made the decision to prioritize Crew Retrieval. Unfortunately that meant no reason to create new mini-events.
  • Options
    While I’d be happy for another mini/free dilithium event I don’t think it’s something that would realistically happen since it would dilute another revenue stream. People would count on it happening every so often and campaigning for it like we do for slot and honor sales.

I think what we already have regarding earning free dilithium is going to pretty much be it for now.
  • Options
    They could always say one time only for the rerun or change the rewards. The point is more the mini-event itself than the rewards :smile:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: tried to link the wiki page but it wouldn’t work :confused:

I couldn’t find “Cataclysm”, then realized it was a mini, then got hope, then came back to Earth.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust