Home Engineering Room
Options

Text still not visible on Android, even after server release 2021-03-02

edited March 2021 in Engineering Room
As you can see from my screenshot that should read "test", the problem still exists.

46str0a7n5i4.jpg
[DCC] bebe
Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!

Comments

• Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    When I search for a crew using the little magnifying glass, or when I try to report the bug using Email Support, the game covers the screen with a text-entering box, then fails to echo the characters I enter, showing blank spaces instead.zwqhcoiy3sv4.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform and client version?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I've updated both my ASUS and my Samsung to v8.0 of the game and text only appears in the text box on my Samsung, not on my ASUS. The screenshot shows what text looks like on my ASUS. I now need to use a third party app like Google Docs to type my text and proof read for typos then copy & paste into the in-game text box because i can't see what i'm typing on my ASUS anymore.

Edited to add another, more obvious screanshot.

c81u5dr4cp7c.jpg

ye9riywt9ul9.jpg
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    I've updated both my ASUS and my Samsung to v8.0 of the game and text only appears in the text box on my Samsung, not on my ASUS. The screenshot shows what text looks like on my ASUS. I now need to use a third party app like Google Docs to type my text and proof read for typos then copy & paste into the in-game text box because i can't see what i'm typing on my ASUS anymore.

c81u5dr4cp7c.jpg

Engineering Room for bug reports :)
    I merged your report in the existing discussion for this issue.
  • Options
    The same for me in Android too.
    lsleal84cxjx.png
  • Options
    Afrim124Afrim124
    edited February 2021
    The same for me on my Huawei P8, as well(I filed a ticket saying it's horrible.)
    gxzb6ktmfqkp.png

Client: V8.0.0
    Android: 6.0

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it today, but it was sometimes doing this on Kindle as well.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Afrim124Afrim124
    edited March 2021
    It was said in the recent server release notes that the blank text when typing in text boxes was fixed on some android devices. Well, not on my device! I still can't see what I'm typing! And now a new bug: the enter-key doesn't even submit my input anymore! So I can't enter in anymore support tickets! I can still enter text in fleet chat, though.Platform: Huawei P8-android phone. Android-version: 6.0
    Client version: V8.0.0
    683wmuovduze.png
  • Options
    Afrim124Afrim124
    edited March 2021
    The same here. And it even introduced a new bug: Now I can't send in support tickets, cause the send-button has been replaced with an enter-button.Platform: Huawei P8-android phone. Android-version: 6.0. Client version: V8.0.0
    iwc57516tsv8.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afrim124 wrote: »
    It was said in the recent server release notes that the blank text when typing in text boxes was fixed on some android devices. Well, not on my device! I still can't see what I'm typing! And now a new bug: the enter-key doesn't even submit my input anymore! So I can't enter in anymore support tickets! I can still enter text in fleet chat, though.
    683wmuovduze.png

Thank you for letting us know.
    What device are you using?

While it is not as convenient as the in-game option, you can also submit a ticket via our support portal http://sttsupport.tiltingpoint.io
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merged two threads together but with hmm unintended consequences.
    This explain the weird order of posts.

Thank you for reporting that it is still happening for some of you.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you still affected are you older versions of android os?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question for those of you experiencing this, are you using the native keyboard from your device or a 3rd party one?
  • Options
    I'm using Gboard, from Google, so a third part one.
  • Options
    My problem has been fixed! I can see what I'm typing again! So, it wasn't due to old versions of Android. But, thanks anyway!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afrim124 wrote: »
    My problem has been fixed! I can see what I'm typing again! So, it wasn't due to old versions of Android. But, thanks anyway!

Did you update to v8.0.1? :)
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    I am using kindle fire 7(9th) gen latest os 7.3.1.8 and latest Version STT. Still happening to me but also with the added problem they keyboard wont even pop up after being logged in game for 5 min. If i need to type something i better do it first, or log off and restart. Every 5 min to have a conversation?. This has been for about 10 or 11 months.
    I am using only the integrayed touch screen keyboard in the device. No outside or 3rd party add ons