Home The Bridge
Options

Mr. Potato Head No More!

[DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in The Bridge
oxrgok56m9q0.jpg
23rd Century Martok got an upgrade! Nice and shiny!

Comments

• Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    oxrgok56m9q0.jpg

FTFY
  • Options
    Wow! Always love when they redid the art. next on my art-upgrade wishlist is definitely Vic Fontaine, doesn’t really look like poor James Darren at all IMO
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great update; maybe I'll try to actually grab a copy of Century Martok.

(Also, based on the title and recent real life events, I wasn't expecting this thread to be an updated art change, lol)
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very effective change. To say the initial art was rough is an understatement.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I am glad he got art rework. i passed on him before because the art was so horrible.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I never found his art horrible, we had way worse, back then and afterwards. 🤗

Not a fan of the new art. 😒
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me this new artwork, I just do not like them covering his eye and face with the sword.

I think rather then give him his eye that he would have had, they just covered it up instead.
  • Options
    Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I think the next upgrade that SHOULD happen is we need a new Mirror Archer. The one we have is so distorted it looks stupid. Even if they put him in the Mirror Enterprise uniform instead of the Defiant uniform, anything would be preferable.
    sbtgeyghlmlo.jpg
  • Options
    oxrgok56m9q0.jpg

I wonder if CS will give me back my airlocked card! :lol:
  • Options
    My vote for the next update still goes to Rogue Kai Winn :sweat_smile:

Rogue_Kai_Winn_Full.png
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash41 wrote: »
    I think the next upgrade that SHOULD happen is we need a new Mirror Archer. The one we have is so distorted it looks stupid. Even if they put him in the Mirror Enterprise uniform instead of the Defiant uniform, anything would be preferable.
    sbtgeyghlmlo.jpg

I agree. I've always thought this was the worst art. Much of the issue with it is that it comes from. The worst pose they could have picked. But there should be no surprise: we all know the game designers dislike Enterprise and hate Archer with a passion.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd immediately throw my support behind updating Archer, because I knew it was pretty bad (mine's hanging out near the top as he's 2/4* and FE, so I see him a lot), but I don't have Winn and didn't know she's that bad. She creeps me out anyway, so having to hold on to her long enough to finish her with that art is...not appealing at all. I was relieved to freeze the 3* of her
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    oxrgok56m9q0.jpg

I wonder if CS will give me back my airlocked card! :lol:

Fixed it.... :)

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winn’s art doesn’t bother me. She’s done in the original style, but her face is accurate to my eyes.

The thing about this new Martok for me is that I don’t really see him in the half-face. I guess if he was younger and not battle-scarred?
  • Options
    Stars&Garters mentioned on the stream that JGH is blind in his left eye, so thus could be viewed as an homage.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winn’s art doesn’t bother me. She’s done in the original style, but her face is accurate to my eyes.

The thing about this new Martok for me is that I don’t really see him in the half-face. I guess if he was younger and not battle-scarred?

the neat Idea I think is that the created what we think JGH would look like in TOS klingon makeup. Its a cool idea and I think looks cool
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I like this change, was a pleasant surprise!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Stars&Garters mentioned on the stream that JGH is blind in his left eye, so thus could be viewed as an homage.

You may be on to something. That eye looks off in real life and the sword may be a way insure anyone that didn't know won't gripe. If they had done it without the sword, I would guarantee someone would complain about the eye first off, until they were told, and it would happen over and over again.
    Look at the art for Kolos and Laas. Both are Hetzler and both are asymmetric in the eyes. The angle for Laas does a great job disguising it, but, if you know to look, it's there. Kolos looks like he's squinting a bit, but the left side of his face contracts in around the eye. Makeup hides it fairly well, but, in most images, they aren't balanced. It's either too open or too closed. As a Klingon of that era, it would have been very noticeable. I live with a similar issue myself.
    I have a lazy eye that was never treated. I can switch which one I'm focusing with, but I nearly always use the left. It isn't uncommon for me to have the right partially or completely shut. It looks weird, trust me. I've had to deal with a lot of "look at me"-" I am looking at you" issues. That awkward moment when I know they can't figure out which eye to make contact with is funny now. "The left one unless..." switches to right with it opening, snapping forward, and the left drifting off to look at the wall. The dean's wife nearly dropped her punch at a reception for dean's list students when I did that. >:)

The artist should be able to fix any problem.
    I just would prefer to be able to see his whole face. As it is, I do not even feel like I am seeing half of it with the shadow.

Edit: it is an improvement. But, I think it still is not finished.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    I found the reference photo and did a side by side...
    It's from the actor's role on The Adventures of Lois and Clark

067z3of7xssy.png

Source = https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/J.G._Hertzler

The original looks fine a shame they decided to cover half his face with the sword
    Maybe they did not want to change his skin color. you know there were a few Klingons who did not have that makeup in TOS. Not sure why they decided to cover half his face. Could be as W. W. CarlIsle mentioned above. Sorry it was Picard Loves Red. But Carlisle reposted it and had an interesting post.
  • Options
    Crash41 wrote: »
    sbtgeyghlmlo.jpg

I agree. I've always thought this was the worst art. Much of the issue with it is that it comes from. The worst pose they could have picked. But there should be no surprise: we all know the game designers dislike Enterprise and hate Archer with a passion.

I also hope that Mirror Archer is next. Horrible art, I think of Gumby every time I see it. Always thought the artwork was weirdly stretched, but maybe just the pose.
  • Options
    The worst offenders are fixed though, Tomalok and Martok. If they don't redo any more, I'm ok with it. We don't have to go down a "purity spiral" with the art now, do we?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racquetball Bashir is pretty bad.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    I found the reference photo and did a side by side...
    It's from the actor's role on lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

067z3of7xssy.png

Source = https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/J.G._Hertzler

Edit: got the show title wrong, doh!

I loved that show.
  • Options
    Mirror Landry is pretty bad...and her art is too :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!