Home The Bridge
Options

Ad-Scan Cooldown Time?

calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
What is the cooldown for the ad-scan? I typically use the existence of of an ad-warp or ad-double as my “canary” to see if it is time, but that is becoming less and less reliable.

Does anyone know the actual cooldown for these?

Comments

• Options
    It should be 30 minutes.
  • Options
    It should be 30 minutes.

That was my thought as well. But I will confirm via a regular mission that both the ad-warp and ad-double are active, yet no ad-scan is given. And this is after a game restart.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I have to restart my app though for the cooler to refresh on scans... which of course you don't find out until after you've done a scan.
  • Options
    The ad-double can affect the timing of the ad-scan. I try to go an hour since the last time I used (any) ad and I rarely have any issues.
    A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    Scan ads seem to be fairly unreliable for me. Some days I get two, some days one... never more. Similarly don’t always get a free spin on Dabo.

Mission & cadet scans generally work fine though.
  • Options
    Gitssac wrote: »
    Scan ads seem to be fairly unreliable for me. Some days I get two, some days one... never more. Similarly don’t always get a free spin on Dabo.

Mission & cadet scans generally work fine though.

Dabo cooldown is 24 hours. I have never had an issue with those, though, to be fair, I don’t use those very often. And having full visibility to those helps as well.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    Sorry I confused myself with dabo... sometimes I get the free ad spin (plus 5000 credit spin)... sometimes I don’t get the free one
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    If I get an error when the ad tries to appear, only option is to click the error bar, the ad scan goes away and no free scan. I also have watched ads and was not given a free scan.

I had both happen on my Crusoe account, this happened the very first day of the new scanning. Not knowing about the free stuff TP was giving, I complained to CS, initially the standard compensation was given of honor and accolades. But I told the CS that was a no longer needed compensation. I mentioned ISM would be the new compensation. They took care of me with something unexpected.

I have been doing two scans a day, and a half hour wait between not using any ads for anything else. I also believe that you can not get ads in less than twenty minutes. So if you use an ad on something else you need to wait twenty minutes before scanning.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Scans are on a 30-minute timer. The following chart is courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose (retired) via the STT Discord server (https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ):

hffz1a7ohx8l.jpeg
    (edited to remove scans from universal timer)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue that has caught me previously, the general ad refresh is 20 minutes, but the ad warp is every 30 minutes. So you can do an ad scan, 20 minute later check a mission and see an ad is available, then try to scan and not get the ad scan offer.
  • Options
    Good to know!!!! I have wondered about this for a while but didn't know where to look.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The issue that has caught me previously, the general ad refresh is 20 minutes, but the ad warp is every 30 minutes. So you can do an ad scan, 20 minute later check a mission and see an ad is available, then try to scan and not get the ad scan offer.

I think that's what's happening. If you do an ad scan all other types of ads become available again after 20 minutes, but you need to wait 10 more minutes for another ad scan.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scans are on a 30-minute timer. The following chart is courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose (retired) via the STT Discord server (https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ):

hffz1a7ohx8l.jpeg
    (edited to remove scans from universal timer)

Thanks for sharing.

I had been operating on the assumption of a 4-hour cooldown for the new scans. After reading this thread yesterday I tried the 30-minute cooldown and it has worked every time (providing you also account for the general 20-minute cooldown for any ad).
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @~peregrine~ this has already improved the number of ad drops I get each day!