Home The Bridge
Options

Science Experiment Drop Rate?

Just curious, has anyone noticed a decrease in drops for Science Experiments? Over the last 24 hrs I've done a total of 90 runs of "Not a Drop to Drink" with 0 science experiments received. Usually I'd get 0-2 per Warp 10. The only science experiments I've been able to attain are from the cadet mission.

With both Saru and Janeway requiring a good chunk of them this is incredibly frustrating. Not to mention I'm also currently leveling up Ensign Mendon, Dr. Carol Marcus, and Antaak which also require them.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been farming them recently, but have hit runs like you mention in the past, incredibly frustrating. I've also had that happen with things like basic Blood Wine. Other times they seem to drop more often than "usual". Seems DB's RNG can at times be very "streaky".
  • Options
    Ya it seems worse than usual in the last week, 0 in 80 for me, just used rations at that point
  • Options
    I'm replicating all basic science experiments now. The mission route is not even worth attempting, unless you're sick of the game and want to go Scorched Earth with your chrons.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Getting none from normal missions, but every cadet mission I ran on Friday (I forget which one in particular) game me two each time.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Better to farm them on the MWF Cadet runs. I have gotted 8-10 of them by just farming the missions. And lets face it, if you hit the 3rd epic mission, it is a good shot at a science experiment, plus 200 chrons when you hit it 6 times. Win Win, and since Seru needs 5 metric butt tons of science experiments, it is a lot less frustrating than the regular missions that don't drop worth a damn.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also always feels like if the item has the yellow or green plus next to it that you won't get that to drop very often. It's like the algorithm for rewards knows what your crew needs and gives you everything but that.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to farm them on the MWF Cadet runs. I have gotted 8-10 of them by just farming the missions. And lets face it, if you hit the 3rd epic mission, it is a good shot at a science experiment, plus 200 chrons when you hit it 6 times. Win Win, and since Seru needs 5 metric butt tons of science experiments, it is a lot less frustrating than the regular missions that don't drop worth a damn.

I echo this, the MWF cadet challenges, you can get them on the epic level with Yar, Sito, and Sato. So you get the 25 chronitons, plus usually a pull of 6-9 science experiments if you do all 6 cadet missions on that mission.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    I recently farmed 2 of them from "Not a Drop to Drink". Spent not so much chronitons. Since the droprate was always bad from regular missions, I haven't seen any changes in droprates.
  • Options
    I've had a run of bad luck as well. Maybe it's the game. Maybe it's me. Regardless, I does not make me happy when I see them pop up.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend not running "Not a Drop to Drink" for these, there really isn't much else useful on that mission, so the chrons go only toward the science experiments.

I usually get these by either cadet missions (MWF epic 3rd mission) or incidental drops on Rockslide which I make sure to use for basic textbooks whenever I need them.

Even if I had to farm these with chrons I'd go directly to Rockslide since I at least get the textbooks and an occasional rare isolinear chips along with the science experiments

Even Operation Isolate might be a better option since that drops rare alcohol.
  • Options
    Epic 3 on MWF cadet missions. As others have said, basic science experiments drop with regularity. Plus you get 25 chrons per run.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the drop rate has always been awful for these. Every attempt to get basic sci exp from regular missions has resulted in bitter disappoint for me. If I can't get enough for a piece of equipment in one day of cadet challenges, I replicate it.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Science and Chromolinguistics books send me straight to the replicator.
  • Options
    0* Science Experiments drop from 4th mission Normal in the recently added Klingon Empire Distress Calls, A Ticking Bomb. The drop rate in that mission is just as bad as the drop rate from Not a Drop to Drink. DB had the opportunity to give them a better drop rate, but they chose not to.